• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Buchanan Clark & Wells & Orange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buchanan Clark & Wells & Orange

Having a major problem with these two Me and my partner were looking through our finances and realised he was still paying a phone bill for Orange from around 8 years ago that he no longer had- he didn't have the phone either. So we rang Orange, explained that he no longer had the phone and the contract had ended, presuming it would now be a rolling contract so they agreed to cancel it.

A separate issue we have is last year he received a mobile upgrade for his current orange account through 'get connected' we had all sorts of problems with this company and as it turned out the upgrade was no good, so within the cooling off period we packaged up the phone, and sent it back to orange as this is what we were told to do over the phone. A few weeks later we then received the phone back in the post with the box completely torn and ripped open saying they did not provide us with this phone and we must return it to 'Get connected'. This company is up in Wales and as we were going there to visit family we took it, in person back to 'Get connected' At first they refused to take it as the box was damaged but after much explaining they agreed to take it and cancel the contract with them (as we were never informed that we had any dealings with them)

A few months ago we got a letter from Orange claiming we owe them x amount of money (something in the hundreds) for an outstanding bill. We phoned them and explained and they agreed it would go no further and there were no outstanding balances on our accounts.

A few months after that we received another letter threatening court action and debt collectors as the amount has doubled and we must respond immediately. We phoned them again and they agreed the same thing, we had no outstanding debt with orange and it would be written off

Today, I received a letter from Buchanan Clark and Wells ( a debt collection agency) claiming we now owe them £863.71 on behalf of Orange PCS ltd. and they will not hesitate to take further action if not paid....

What on earth do we do?? Do we owe it? We do not have this kind of money especially for something we have no idea what it's for.
    Please someone help before I lose my mind!
    Tags: None

Re: Buchanan Clark & Wells & Orange

Hello and welcome

The first thing you need to do is to stop dealing by phone, because you have no proof of what has been said. Keep everything in writing.

Send a Subject Access Request to Orange to obtain all the personal data they hold on you. That will show what has gone on and where all these charges have come from. Until you have more details you can't really deal with the issues.

Comment

Thank you for you response, I'll do that now x

Comment

The second thing to do is send a prove it letter to DCA, to stop any further collection activity.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X