• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA Pestering for information of FOS reference numbers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA Pestering for information of FOS reference numbers

Hi All.

I have ongoing issues with DLC/Hillesden regarding a case I am trying to pursue as I have posted in this forum before.

Again I have received a letter asking me to provide my reference numbers with FOS in regards to PPI claims against Black Horse.

I am trying to reclaim PPI from BH and it's an ongoing situation however DLC claim to have bought the debt from BH and I put DLC on notice that the cases against BH are with FOS and asked them to hold action until the cases with BH and/or FOS are settled. Then we can see what is owed to DLC if anything after settlement.

So in summary DLC are saying they want to know what the FOS reference numbers are so they can follow progress through BH and they are offering to find out who the PPI underwriters are for me. If I don't respond in 28 days from receipt of the last letter, (Monday 15th Sep 2014), they will take the account off hold and carry on with collection.

In the past I contacted a legal help line through my home insurance and they advised me to tell DLC that they are not entitled to this information since it is private and personal and is a matter between me and BH only.

Should I remind them of this in a fresh letter or take other action?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Shimeld
    Tags: None

Re: DCA Pestering for information of FOS reference numbers

If it was me I would write to DLC and remind them of the following.

1. the debt is reasonably disputed and has been referred to the FOS for investigation.
    2. whilst the FOS are carrying out their investigation, the debt remains reasonably disputed and that they must cease all collection activity as per (FCA) Financial Conduct Authority guidelines.
    3. at this stage you are not prepared to supply any FOS reference numbers as this is a private and personal and is a matter between me and BH only.
    4. if you continue collection activity whilst it being reasonably disputed and act in an irresponsible and unprofessional way then I will have no other alternative than to report you to (FCA) Financial Conduct Authority, if appropriate, the Credit Services Association.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X