• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Park "Parking Charge Notice" -WON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Park "Parking Charge Notice" -WON

Hi all

Here is my situation. I'm currently living in a privately owned block of flats which has a communal car park for residents use. Not all the flats have a car parking space associated with them, but mine does. However, it's a bit of a grey area over which space is mine as the deeds mention a parking space, but not which one. Nobody seems to know which space I should actually be using. The one I do use normally is just the one that has always been used by previous tenants. I assume this is the same for all the other spaces.

On 10/9/14 I was issued a ticket by Premier Park as I had parked in a different space from the one I normally use as someone else had already taken it. I have done this many times before without any problems as I have a parking permit displayed in my car which was issued by the building management, so I am entitled to park there. However, on the above date I must have picked a spot which somebody reckons that they "own" and reported me.

As who "owns" each parking space seems to be a grey area, I would have thought that anybody displaying a valid parking permit should be able to park in any available spot. Therefore I'm inclined to ignore the ticket. Is this the right thing to do?

Many thanks in advance,

Fergal
    Tags: None

Re: Premier Park "Parking Charge Notice"

No. Appeal the ticket and if that's rejected go to popla.

Dear Sirs,

I,as registered keeper wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver had a permit displayed at all times and building management do not own or indeed have occupation rights to enable a contract between yourselves and them. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

A popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter editted to suit will suffice.

M1

Comment

M1

Thanks for your reply.

Since my previous post, I've spoken to the building manager and apparently there is a list of allocated parking spaces for the flats, so I was parked in somebody else's space as mine was occupied. I've examined the car that is usually in the space I parked in and it does not have a permit on display. In fact hardly any of the cars have permits. I'm one of the few.

I've also examined the notices that are posted around the car park. It seems that there are (or were) two companies contracted to issue speculative invoices: CPS Enforcement and Premier Park. I don't know if CPS Enforcement are still active even though their signs are still prominently displayed with different penalty charges to those mentioned on my "ticket".

An excerpt from the Premier Park sign (with spelling and grammatical errors verbatim):

"NO PARKING IN THE COMMON AREAS OF THE SITE BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE GATES, WITHOUT A VALID PARKING PERMIT PROPERLY DISPLAYED.

PARKING IN AN ALLOTTED SPACE IS RESTRICTED TOTHE OWNER, TENANT OR PERSON AUTHORISED TO PARK,BY THEM DRIVERS SHOULD PARK ENTIRELY WITHIN THEIR ALLOTTED PARKING SPACE"

Could the fact that there is confusing and conflicting signage from multiple parking companies and the "owner" of the space I parked in does not have a permit on display, be beneficial in my appeal even though I did unknowingly park in his/her allotted space?

Thanks

Fergal

Comment

You can change the bit of the letter "The driver had a permit displayed at all times and building management do not own or indeed have occupation rights to enable a contract between yourselves and them." to suit.

No need to get overly fancy. You'll win at popla if you follow the popla appeal i refered to above :okay:

M1

Comment

M1

Thanks for your previous advice.

I wrote to Premier Park invoking their appeals procedure but they seem to have ignored this as I received no response about it, and I have now received a First Reminder notice demanding £100 within 28 days.

I suppose I'll appeal again, this time I'll send it by registered post so they can't deny receiving it.

Thanks

Fergal

Comment

Originally posted by Fergal View Post
            M1

Thanks for your previous advice.

I wrote to Premier Park invoking their appeals procedure but they seem to have ignored this as I received no response about it, and I have now received a First Reminder notice demanding £100 within 28 days.

I suppose I'll appeal again, this time I'll send it by registered post so they can't deny receiving it.

Thanks

Fergal

Was you appeal acknowledged at all ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              Was you appeal acknowledged at all ?

M1
              No, not at all.

Comment

How did you send it and do you have a receipt or email ?

M1

Comment

Result! I had the result of my POPLA appeal back the other day and I won! A snippet from my appeal results notice:

"The Operator has indicated that they will not be submitting any evidence in relation to the parking charge notice.
                  The Operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.

Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal."

Premier Park didn't bother to submit any evidence against me, so I win by default. I suspect this happens in the vast majority of cases, so it's definitely worth apealling.

Thanks M1 for your help on this matter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X