• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays and Bespoke Offers e mails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays and Bespoke Offers e mails

Recently I have had e mails from Barclays about " Bespoke Offers from Barclaycard"
    Very slick and genuine looking but have not had a Barclaycard for years and an account with them was closed over a year ago.
    Always of the mind that " if it sounds too good to be true it usually is" and have reported as scam to my e mail provider and Barclays own reporting department.
    Did some digging and it turns out this may have been " genuine" as Barclays have launched some sort of voucher scheme, you have to enrol and apply for these to get money off various goods.
    But should Barclays be e mailing ex customers like this?
    Would still consider it scam as I never asked for it and remember opting out of marketing when I did have an account.
    Naughty Barclays.
    Last edited by dogtired; 22nd September 2014, 04:19:AM.
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays and Bespoke Offers e mails

If you still have one in your emails or receive another one, forward it onto me please DT.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Don't think I have but will check when back on PC.

Comment

Found both the original and copy of reply from MS lurking in Junk folder on this so have now sent admin a copy.
        Not worked out how to link onto LB on Android yet!
        :doggieyes:

Comment

Had another today, this time for car oil, and sun glasses!
          Marked as junk and deleted.
          There is an option to " unsubscribe" but I never subscribed in the first place!

Comment

Hi DT, I have been looking at this today and have found that you do not necessarily have to be a Barclaycard customer.

The "deals" are similar to those you get through Groupon etc, £5 off this, 20% off that etc.

Have a read here http://www.moneywise.co.uk/news/2013...-bespoke-deals

Also, Barclaycard have this on their website http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/busines.../bespokeoffers

Drive more business from the customers you want, with the offers they want

Bespoke offers is an innovative new service that allows you to create tailor-made offers to help you achieve your business goals
            Based on our insight into customer spending behaviour, bespoke offers can help you reach the right customers whilst allowing you to stay in control of your promotions.

Reach the right customers.

• With millions of customers in our database, you have the potential to connect with a huge audience.
            • Our unique insight into how consumers spend their money means they receive the offers most relevant to them, making your promotion more cost effective and successful.
            • Bespoke offers is available to everyone in the UK over the age of 18, giving you access to more of the right people.
            etc

They are a subsidiary of Barclays and it appears they are trying to get in on the "discount voucher " market.

If I were you DT, and you have no use for the discounts, I would simply unsubscribe and report them as spam
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Thanks, but won't " unsubsucribing" from the e mail show " interest".
              Have reported as spam in any event.
              And could you report them to ICO?

Comment

Not if you don't hit unsubscribe, and no, it won't show interest.

Comment

ok if I get another will do so bl***y annoying as I never "subscribed" in the first place

Comment

Completely agree with you. They are using your data for marketing purposes but I suspect at some point in the past you would have been automatically "opted in" without realising.

If you unsubscribe and then continue to receive the emails, depending on their frequency you would have a case to complain to the ICO but that is about the limit of it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X