• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'. But Mr Franklin, it's Rooftop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'. But Mr Franklin, it's Rooftop

A big hello to all youBeaglers.

Joined yesterday andthink the site is excellent. Found it afer I googled to find out anybackground information on our buy to let lender Rooftop and foundthat they are a popular topic here. I had never heard of them in2006 when we remortgaged our house in the UK to help us renovatetourist accomodation abroad. We have been lucky in that our UK househas been let out continously since that date and have never missed apayment. The property is now vacant so instead of letting it out anyfuther we want to head back to the UK for a few months, maximum 6-8to do it up, sort out our finances and then sell it, hopefully. Weare realistic enough to know that we will never be able to remortagethe property given the LTV, our ages, and both of us being selfemployed. Selling, therefore, is our plan as it will release someequity and allow us to settle with Rooftop and move back abroad.Benjamin Franklin's quote sums up our current dilemma of whether to tell/ask the lender that we intend to move back into our property orto keep our lips sealed? My sense now is that being honest withfinancial institutions nowadays, especially dodgy sub prime lenders,could be a recipe for disaster. If we are savvy and don't let thewhole world know our change of address I am minded to not sayanything and hope for the best. A recent health scare has dented myconfidence a bit so where I could have dealt with issues like thiswithout too much stress in the past I now find myself preoccupiedwith trying to work out what to do for
    the best. Any thoughts,similar experiences or advice would be greatly received!

aw:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X