• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKRR/RAVEN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MKRR/RAVEN

A few years ago I was forced into early retirement due to ill health.At the time,I had 2 loans with Welcome Finance and having taken my Pension lump sum,I came to an arrangement with them,making an "offer" to pay off both these loans,which was accepted.I have proof of payment on my bank statements!Subsequently,a company wrote to me asking for monies outstanding on one of these loans,to which I replied saying that it had been settled some years ago.Nothing more was heard until recently,when this company,MKRR,started texting me,on numerous occasions, to ring them.So far I have ignored them,but now they are texting me under the name of RAVEN.Having found your web site I can only assume that this is something to do with Welcome.It seems that at the time of settling the loans,they only updated my credit record on one of the loans.In the meantime I have been in touch with Equifax and Experian about this and they cannot trace any record of this so called loan.In any case this is now over 6 years ago and surely is now "statute barred" anyway.How can I stop this company contacting me?
    Tags: None

Re: MKRR/RAVEN

Are you certain that you haven't paid anything or acknowledged the debt for more than 6 years?

Comment

Absolutely Kafka.I actually retired from work in March 2007 and shortly after received my lump sum,which paid off both debts.Welcome have had no reason to contact me as the loans were paid and no contact has been made from anyone else until the first company did a while back.As I say I explained the situation to them and never heard another word until MKRR text me.

Comment

Originally posted by brei2013 View Post
        A few years ago I was forced into early retirement due to ill health.At the time,I had 2 loans with Welcome Finance and having taken my Pension lump sum,I came to an arrangement with them,making an "offer" to pay off both these loans,which was accepted.
        Do you have the terms of that acceptance in writing?

Even if not, and they believe there is something left to chase, then it does sound as if it would be statute barred anyway.

Experian and Equifax would drop the account from their records 6 years from any settlement or recorded default, which would be why they have no trace. I assume there is no sign on your credit reports now.

Is it just texts you are getting? No letters?

Comment

After all this time I have no paperwork relating to the loans or settlement thereof.

I recall Experian did tell me that they drop any records after 6years,but they have double checked and they confirm there is no sign of any thing on my credit record.

So far I have only had texts,which makes me wonder why they don't actually ring me.No letters either.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

My first instinct would be to just ignore them unless they can be bothered to write properly setting out what they are after. Do you think they would have an up to date address for you? Could they have been writing to an old address for example?

Comment

I doubt that they have an old address,although,obviously the loans were taken out at a previous address.I have always updated my address wherever I've moved to and have been resident here for coming up to 7years.My credit record does show all previous addresses.

I think I will carry on ignoring them and hope they give up.The texts do not show anything specific other than a request from them to ring them.The phone numbers for both MKRR and RAVEN are identical.

Comment

Originally posted by brei2013 View Post
                I doubt that they have an old address,although,obviously the loans were taken out at a previous address.I have always updated my address wherever I've moved to and have been resident here for coming up to 7years.My credit record does show all previous addresses.

I think I will carry on ignoring them and hope they give up.The texts do not show anything specific other than a request from them to ring them.The phone numbers for both MKRR and RAVEN are identical.
                Hello again people,I have just discovered that MKRR/RAVEN also use another phone number which they have used to call me 2 or 3 times a day.The number is 03333440145.Does anyone else get this problem and how do I stop it.Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X