• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How successful are Lowell's at finding old Welcome Finance CCAs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How successful are Lowell's at finding old Welcome Finance CCAs?

Welcome Finance went bust in 2009 and sold on lots of their accounts (including mine), Lowell's have recently contacted me after me avoiding the debt for almost 5 years - but thats in a different thread. I've been advised to send a CCA request, but that got me thinking, surely there have been lots of people come through here regarding old WF debts that have been sold on to Lowells or other DCAs. I wondered have any of you had experience in asking for CCAs specifically with old WF debts - are they really hard for them to find due to the company going bust? Basically has anyone else on here been involved with topics regarding WF CCAs that date back to 2004/2005 and found that DCAs cant find them due to the accounts being so old??
    Tags: None

Re: How successful are Lowell's at finding old Welcome Finance CCAs?

Here's one http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...nance-2004-CCA - if you do a google image search on cca welcome finance you'll find quite a few others, which will link to other peoples threads about welcome.

There were some that even though they found the agreement it was seen to be unenforceable through lack of prescribed terms or putting PPI in the wrong box etc, but you really won't know until you ask for the agreement and they send it to you (or not).

You should get statements/transaction lists as there will be stacks of daft charges added which can be defended.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

so i have 14 months to go until this is SB - how long does requesting a CCA usually set them back?

Comment

used to work for Welcome until it went bust . All the contracts were supposed to have been scanned and stored on a central database . However many are misfiled and some never made it across to the new system . There was a warehouse fire were some were lost . Also some are so badly scanned that the contract is unreadable so ask for one .I believe they have 40 days to respond ?

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
          used to work for Welcome until it went bust . All the contracts were supposed to have been scanned and stored on a central database . However many are misfiled and some never made it across to the new system . There was a warehouse fire were some were lost . Also some are so badly scanned that the contract is unreadable so ask for one .I believe they have 40 days to respond ?
          That's the kind of thing I was hoping to hear! I know there is no guarantee that they wont be able to find a copy of my CCA, but hearing stuff like this makes me a bit more confident to send a CCA request rather than ignore the letters from Lowells.

Comment

Is this the same account that you already have a thread for?

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
              Is this the same account that you already have a thread for?
              Yes I mentioned that in my first post - this is unrelated ... well sort of, in this thread im asking how successful they are are getting old CCAs from welcome finance debts. I think if people stumble across this thread it could be useful if they're thinking about asking for a CCA. Maybe a thread could be started that lists which companies will always supply a CCA and which ones are really bad at keeping records etc.

By all means if any of the admins on here think this is me duplicating a thread then delete it.

Comment

OK, just that its best not to split relevant posts over more than one thread, otherwise people trying to advise don't have the full picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaz View Post
                  Yes I mentioned that in my first post - this is unrelated ... well sort of, in this thread im asking how successful they are are getting old CCAs from welcome finance debts. I think if people stumble across this thread it could be useful if they're thinking about asking for a CCA. Maybe a thread could be started that lists which companies will always supply a CCA and which ones are really bad at keeping records etc.
                  This isn't clear cut, there are many factors that come into play, not least the age of the account, the type of credit product and the fact that creditors buy and sell debt portfolios, for example, a lot of MBNA card agreements are available, and enforceable, down to the 90s, if they were originally MBNA cards to start with, however, MBNA bought other credit cards such as the A&L ones, and agreements for those are not normally available. :grin: :grin: Barclays are notoriously bad at supplying agreements, yet they sometimes do find them. Each account is different. Also just because they send something purporting to be a CCA doesn't mean it really is a CCA, they often fob people off with application forms, random sets of terms and even blank forms. Some CCAs that may look kosher at first sight can be unenforceable for various reasons. You can't generalise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X