• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SPARK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPARK

Has any one heard of these please? I have just done a comparison and these are the best for combined electric and gas by quite a long way.
    I am trying to find out if they have a rise in prices due soon. Even so this is a big saving, I just never heard of them.

Well they are quite new so here are there details, I will inquire and let you know if the details given on line are correct
    Spark - an energy company
    Last edited by enaid; 17th February 2008, 07:27:AM.

Re: SPARK

Well I have signed up, nothing ventured eh?
    They say I will save £369.36 per year, their prices were reviewed last week.
    I have a cooling off period of 1 week and some one will contact me within 48 hrs.
    I will say the email with my details to be checked, came straight away.
    I will update after the phone call and hopefully with a good report.

Comment

Well just received phone call from Spark, confirming everything is going through.
      At the moment with Npower my DD for gas is £65.00 and my electric is £36.00 it was £42.00 up till last month. So total £101.00 Spark say it will be £82.00 with them so I will give em a go. Let you know the outcome.

Comment

Do they require a minimum term of contract? I have found nothing on their website that details any of this.

Comment

I went off this Cet it states if you stay 12 months but not that you have to
          Last edited by enaid; 11th May 2008, 09:54:AM.

Comment

Never heard of them but I chnged from BG to scottish power about 6 months ago, and my DD changed from £146 to £97 per month, and I got £30 cos i chnged through the matin leuis site that i saw on tele

Comment

Originally posted by madbutterfly View Post
              Never heard of them but I chnged from BG to scottish power about 6 months ago, and my DD changed from £146 to £97 per month, and I got £30 cos i chnged through the matin leuis site that i saw on tele
              Have you just received a letter or E-mail from Scottish power? I did last week, they have followed the other big suppliers and increased their charges. On receipt of the E-mail I sent one in return, a scathing message of the capitalist greed. I cancelled my contract and switched using U-switch, they pay £50. Plus I saved £360 PA. on duel fuel supply.
              Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Who pays £50 ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Have you actually got one of your old bills and worked out how much it would cost against with your new providers rates?

They all say that we will reduce your bill by £10 or whatever a month, but bearing in mind that they do this by estimating you yearly bill and then prorata it by monthly payments.

ie
                  You pay £50 a month with British Gas and that makes your bill fully paid as your yearly bill is £600
                  Joe Bloggs says come to us and your monthly payment will be £40, so you think cool thats £120 a year I will save.

Ok but BG rate is £1 per unit (yearly £600) and Jo Bloggs is £1.25 per unit (yearly £750), but they sold it to you cos you just thought you were saving £120 by them telling you that they would charge £40 a month.

Now based on you using exactly the same amount of gas the following year:

6 months down the line, Jo Bloggs writes to you and says that your £40 a month wont cover your yearly bill (£750 at their rate) and the payments will need to go to £85 a month now to cover the yearly bill.

Therefore you aren't better off!!

If you are thinking off changing provider get a FULL years worth of bill so you can see how many units you have used over the year, You need a full year as most households will use a lot more gas over the winter months, for heating, than summer months

Then get your current providers new rates and worth out what the bill would be now
                  then do the same with the new providers rates.

Hopefully this will save you the hassle of finding out half way into your contract that you are gonna be worse off, not just by the greater yearly bill, but also by the sudden hefty increase in your monthly payment

PKea

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Who pays £50 ?
                    If you change through the Martin Lewis site

Comment

I understand what you are saying PK, as this is exactly what happened to me with NPower.
                      I had a chap for a full hour with all my bills out and he with his calculator and he told me I would be much better off with them than British Gas.
                      I was changing suppliers anyway, one thing I object to more than anything is being lied to and this is what the chap did. I also told the lady on the phone that they had lied when they tried to amend my DD's.
                      As for British Gas I wouldn't return to them, even if it meant I had to rely on candles and a coal fire.
                      So that was my reason for changing suppliers and Spark came up hence the question on here.
                      I can't see them giving me such a big saving TBH, but even if its only £100 per year it's something. I also get the satisfaction of telling NPower what I think of them when they ring to see why I am changing.

Comment

Originally posted by madbutterfly View Post
                        If you change through the Martin Lewis site
                        To you ? or to ML ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I went back to BG a while ago. Signed up for that fix and fall thingy they had. Got a letter a couple of weeks ago saying that although their prices have just gone up, mine won't because I'm fixed. So that's good news i suppose. My gas and electric bills are always astronomical, I couldn't change at the moment even if i wanted to cos am always in debit - the d/d's never seem to cover it! And i can't afford to up the d/d's. Oh well never mind.
                          Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            To you ? or to ML ?
                            To you, one month after you sign up.
                            Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

When I changed last year sometime I went to Atlantic; and I'm very happy I did! The prices were a LOT cheaper than any of the big guys and their customer service is absolutely brilliant. Never had an energy company like it...

Tom
                              I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
                              Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X