• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I request CCA even if I have been paying?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I request CCA even if I have been paying?

Hi,

I have been paying a debt since may 2010 and have had no info from the company since I started paying. It has now been passed to a collection agency (copy of the letter sent from the agency not the original company). I dispute the amount as I believe I've paid a few hundred off the amount they say I still owe. Can I send a CCA request or is this pointless as I am paying the debt?

I originally asked for interest to be frozen but I'm worried what I've paid hasn't been paying off the debt.

Thanks for any advice
    Tags: None

Re: Can I request CCA even if I have been paying?

Yes you have the right to request a CCA and statement of account for a regulated debt at any point during the life of the account. Does not matter whether you have been paying or not, as it is a basic right you have to make that request regardless.

Sounds like the statement of account is more crucial to you?

Comment

Hi Nibbler,

Thanks for answering my query. I'm planning on sending a cca request to the dca but requesting statements from the original creditor. I want them to confirm my payments to them and that they have indeed past it on.

Thanks again

Comment

*passed it on

Comment

I have contacted the original creditor today asking for statement of account. I have just received a request for the following information

1.Confirmation that you are the account holder - by stating Yes, I am the account holder
          2.Your full name
          3.Your account number
          4.Your date of birth
          5.The email address you have registered on your account

Numbers 2 - I put initial and surname, 3 and 4 were given as I thought I would need to supply this to gain the information. Why would they need me to state yes it is my account? Surely by writing requesting the information I am already stating that - plus I am paying them monthly and have been for 4 1/2 yrs

I also send a CCA request, which included a request for statement of account, to the DCA

Comment

I'd guess it is for Data Protection ( the name, DOB, account number etc) the statement 'Yes I am the Account holder' - sounds a bit suss like that means you are defiantly acknowledging the debt for statute barring purposes, however as you've been paying it anyway and are no where near stat barred I can't see it is a problem, in your case. You should put your full name though unless the account was only held in your initials.

But if you're paying them.... then they should have all this anyway? You should certainly be getting some information from whoever you are paying the debt to - is that the original creditor ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I believe you should still get at minimum an annual statement of account.

Comment

Thanks Amethyst,

Yes, contacted the original creditor via their complaints form as I wanted to speed up the reply. Will they give this information without me paying? I'm annoyed they've sent no annual statement since I started paying. I got a letter from dca saying they have taken it over and originally thought the money hadn't been coming off but their second or third letter was lower (the amount I pay each month). I'm now trying to get all the info and losing way too much sleep over this.

Comment

I thought they had to supply an annual statement. Others I'm paying supply regular updates

Comment

Originally posted by Worried2014 View Post
                    Thanks Amethyst,

Yes, contacted the original creditor via their complaints form as I wanted to speed up the reply. Will they give this information without me paying? I'm annoyed they've sent no annual statement since I started paying. I got a letter from dca saying they have taken it over and originally thought the money hadn't been coming off but their second or third letter was lower (the amount I pay each month). I'm now trying to get all the info and losing way too much sleep over this.
                    Hey - you're repaying the debt! What is there to worry about?

Which collection agency is it out of interest?

Comment

Well nothings ever enough for these people and they don't play fair. I thought I had stuff sorted and although its a slow process things were reducing until this one. This one was handed to the well know leeds lot

Comment

Even though I'm paying the original creditor the DCA is acting like I'm refusing to pay. I'm not. ..I was refusing to talk to them.

Thanks Wombats

Comment

They have one aim - to get money from you as fast as possible. Fortunately, there are laws in place to protect you. Debt is not a crime, contrary to some peoples' belief. You are repaying at a rate affordable to you. As long as you're not popping over to Barbados every couple of months for a holiday, parking your Porsche at the airport, then they have to accept that you can only pay at the rate you can. You can't conjure money out of nowhere.

This paragraph is designed to ease your worry, not make it worse! Even if the DCA took you to court (which they'd have to do with the OC who'd have done it by now if they were going to), the judge would look at your income and your expenditure taking into account any other debts / fines etc.... and would then order a sensible, affordable payment.

Once you accept there is really very little they can do, your mind will be much more at ease. I used to be physically sick every morning in terror waiting for the post. It took me years to accept what I've just explained to you. Even worse, there's people out there who are borrowing money left, right and centre with no intention at all of paying back one penny, and they won't lose a wink of sleep over it.

Seriously, there is nothing you need to worry about as even a judge would be on your side. They're lucky you're paying, lots don't.

Comment

Thanks Wombats. I really had reached that stage of not worrying but it doesn't take much for them to have me feeling like I'm back at square one wondering how I'm ever going to sort it out. I wish they would stop creditors passing on debt if it's being paid as this would save a lot of worry for many of us.

Thanks for your kind support, it really does help

Comment

Oh and as for the holiday...I wish! Can't afford UK tent never mind Barbados :-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X