• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Please Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA Please Help

The 2nd letter is a nonsense!!
    The agreement has already been defaulted and is no doubt already
    reported to the CRA's as in default.
    I would suggest checking credit reference files for this account just in case
    Cabot has attempted to register a new default and default date. ( Noddle from Call credit if free online) when you have don this
    please come back here for further advice.

nem

Comment

Thank you Nemesis.

Signed up to Noodle, but can not see beyond January 2011, so the debt was passed to Cabot before that date.
      Incidentally, on another debt issue which I have told you about in the past, received a discount letter from the PRA Group to pay off an unenforceable debt (their acknowledgement) ...they have offered me £600.00 off....no deal.

Thanks M

Comment

Does Cabot appear on the CRA file currently??

nem

Comment

Yes Nemesis, Cabot are on my CRA all the way back to January 2011, Noodle only goes back to this date.

Comment

What's the default date on the Cabot entry?

nem

Comment

I don't know Nemesis, the CRA only goes back to January 2011. Barclaycard passed the debt to Cabot 2009ish, just presumed the default would have appeared at the time of Cabot taking on my account. I used a debt management Payplan, until I realized they were ripping me off. Sorry I can not help anymore than that. Currently Cabot are registering the debt as late on Noddle....incidentally Noddle are updating my monthly CRA in two days time, flash message when I log on. Is there another way if my account when default for certain in 2009?

Thanks, M

Comment

You could check with another CRA, Equifax and Experian have 30 day free trials.
                Or give Barclaycard a quick call to see if they can tell you the default date and the
                date of the last payment made to them.

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis,

Not have any luck with your suggestions. Barclaycard can not find me on their system and Equifax only go back as July 2011! Not sure what to do next?

Comment

I'm surprised Barclays can find you ( more likely with their track record can't be bothered) they have to maintain records for 6 years after an account is closed.

So if Cabot acquired the debt in 2009 default could even be sometime in 2008 Barclays are often slow to default, using their in house collections department Mercers for sometime before defaulting accounts.

Might have to be a formal request for Data Under the Data Protection Act 1998, to Barclays then they have to find the information.

There is a £10 statutory fee for this, Barclays have 40 days to comply, there is a template in the forum library.

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis, have already got the request for data under the Data protection act, been looking through it, but very difficult to follow. Just found out that it was originally a Sky card, then taken over by Barclaycard. The figures on the records go from a balance of 6,000 then to zero, these zeros are statements that are dated when the card has been sold to Cabot, very confusing....will investigate further. Thanks M

Comment

Ok the start of the " zero" entries will be when the account was sold.

Somewhere in that account data will be a notation regarding the default date or even
                        a default notice, it's a pain but worth searching for.

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis, been through the paperwork and no notice of default, looked through the statements and the data sheets and nothing. The only curious thing is I am missing January 2011 statement and data sheet, definitely not there been through it twice which is in date sequence....very odd! Looks like I will have to wait for Cabot thorough investigation to look into what happened to my original compliant on default and my earlier CCA non compliance complaint, when they put my account on hold. Should I be complain to the FOA?

Thanks M

Comment

The SAR it seems to me is incomplete, the default and the notes on it should be included with
                            the documents, it is not unheard of for Barclays to be " careless" about being fully compliant.
                            A letter by signed for post to the person that dealt with your request, requiring them to fully comply
                            with the SAR by providing the specific documents within 7 days often " shakes the monkey out of the tree"

nem

Comment

Many Thanks Nemesis, I will send a letter off to Barclays and also going to write another complaint letter to Cabot highlighting their failure to comply with my earlier correspondence.

M

Comment

Originally posted by mk13 View Post
                                Many Thanks Nemesis, I will send a letter off to Barclays and also going to write another complaint letter to Cabot highlighting their failure to comply with my earlier correspondence.
                                Happy to help!!

Please let us know what happens.

nem
                                Last edited by Kati; 15th May 2015, 09:38:AM. Reason: fixing quote ;)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X