• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LLoyds changing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LLoyds changing

That worked then Thanks for posting jaggysnake and welcome

lightwave, Just by way of backup I have Tweeted Lloyds to ask if they are genuine.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hmm.... Something not right here...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=5060895

Hi, l was wondering if anyone can help me. I entered into a payment agreement with Lloyds bank for my ex back in 2010 for two debts he had with them. They agreed to my making £50 a month payments for both debts. I set up standing orders out of our joint account at the time and l have made payments every month since never missing a month. He received two letters this morning informing him of a change in solicitor for Lloyds for court proceedings indicating that this was to inform him and that the court had been informed also of the change. This was the first l have heard of this, l have gone through all of our recent post and l can not find any notification of court proceedings. All of the post relating to our debts still comes to my address where we lived together before the split.

Comment

I'm talking with Lloyds about it at the moment by DM on Twitter - they are investigating, so soon as I know anything I'll let you know.

Kudos to them they have been back and forth with messages since 2ish - last message about an hour ago. I have given them the reference off of lightwave's letter as well to look in to.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

It could be where there's been a debt with, say, Halifax in the past, and people not putting two and two together.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Mine are definately legit, correct court references, 2 x credit cards with Lloyds TSB from way back.

Comment

Cool, might just be a glitch with their mailing list, or as I say, Halifax or HBOS cards etc that people haven't realised are now with Lloyds. ( I couldn't tell you off the top of my head now who owns who nowadays )
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Hopefully if other people have received similar letters they will google and end up here too and post about it - ( Lloyds G J Cooper now bring us up as number one on google )

( and sorry its Noddle not Noodle, I happen to be making noodles for the kids lunch lol)
                Hi

I've received one of these letters from Lloyds yesterday and flew into a panic as I paid the CCJ off last May 2013, will contact local county court to see whats' going on. Glad to know I'm not the only person receiving them. Would like to know what Lloyds are up to as I have not received anything from the courts since paying CCJ in full.

Comment

Hi all

I checked out my mothers credit file using noddle and the only thing related to lloyds was a joint finance between my mother and father. This was for a caravan over a 10year agreement. after 4 years the caravan was exchanged for another and the remaining finance was cleared and a new agreement taken out. the new agreement was paid in full in 2012. makes me think the old finance might not have been cleared? As for my Brothers letter, he wants to check his own record... so will see what he finds.

Thanks for the help so far

Rich
                  Rich

Rich

Comment

And no CCJ's on the file at all ?

If your mother is concerned about the finance situation with regards the caravan she could do a Subject Access Request on Lloyds to get hold of any details/transaction lists/agreements/screen notes etc they have about her to see if there is anything there that needs attention.

And she should ring Mr Cooper to check with him about the supposed case in the court system and ask him what it's about.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Stressedofsytch View Post
                      Hi

I've received one of these letters from Lloyds yesterday and flew into a panic as I paid the CCJ off last May 2013, will contact local county court to see whats' going on. Glad to know I'm not the only person receiving them. Would like to know what Lloyds are up to as I have not received anything from the courts since paying CCJ in full.
                      Possibly also telephone the solicitor at Lloyds as well and ask him. It may be that everyone who has ever had a file with SCM has had one of these letters and they couldn't be arsed to personalise them beyond names and reference numbers. Pretty poor show.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

No CCJs at all on her record.

A few phone calls tomorrow is in order i think.

Thanks

Comment

Another http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=5061515

Comment

Hi all
                            Well seems like I opened a debate also where is our letter from LLoyds saying sorry for conning us all into thinking SCM were a firm of solicitors with all the legal clout to threaten us into paying up more than we could afford .It took me quite a while to wise up to all the threats they even threatened me with court action when I had agreed a payment and my paying in book had run out and it took about 4 months to get a new one eventually with the help of trusty beagles who pointed me in the right direction about who to complain to.
                            As for the people who have received letters when they don`t owe a debt or it was paid off I think Lloyds should admit to being the shady Debt Collectors in disguise under the LLoyds banner I think the banking industry will never get its reputation restored but again was it ever good in the first place.

Comment

For those worried it might be a scam, I have checked with Lloyds and they have confirmed the letters are genuine.

If there are queries you should contact the solicitor named on the letter at the telephone number given.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by lightwave693 View Post
                                No CCJs at all on her record.

A few phone calls tomorrow is in order i think.

Thanks
                                Do let us know what the response is as it may help others worried about these letters.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X