• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow global ltd through Blake lapthorn threating court proceedings in 14 days!! Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arrow global ltd through Blake lapthorn threating court proceedings in 14 days!!

Originally posted by jayl6191 View Post
    Thanks mike,

should i just type a letter out asking the above and send recorded.

1: if i did send a cca request at that time is it possible they have used the £1 postal order for the cca request to make a
    payment of the account instead ? is that legal when the cca request says its solely to be used for the cca only. If you had sent CCA1974 in 2011 then yes, that is what I was getting at.? this is a common ploy by these crooks who flaunt regulation etc. hoping you are non the wiser! so did you send one in 2011???????

2: Are they likely to still issue court proceddings even though i know i have never made a payment on the account.
    see above

Comment

• Re: Arrow global ltd through Blake lapthorn threating court proceedings in 14 days!!

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Hello Jay,
      Can you recall who the account was with in 2011?

My thought is to tell BL that the £1.00 alleged payment would be for a lawful request for the provision of documents under sections 77/78/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and it does no affect the Limitation period.
      I would also state that: " I am well aware of the practice of some debt purchasers and debt collection agencies allocating statutory fees
      for request to the debt account in order to reset the 6 year clock.

I maintain my stance that the alleged debt is statute barred and I will not be paying.
      The onus of providing unequivocal proof that the alleged debt is not statute barred falls entirely upon your client, unsupported claims of a one off payment is insufficient proof.
      I suggest that BL advises its client to withdraw claim in the interest of saving costs and court time.

nem
      Hi nem.

Not 100% but pretty sure this one has been with arrow the whole time, it also said arrow on my credit file.

So next step send them a letter with above details in.

Is there anyone or is there anypoint complaing to anyone about them trying to say i have paid £1 of the account?
      is there a ombudsman etc...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        see above
        [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] i did send a cca request years ago, just unsure of the date i sent it.
        But ime now presuming it was june 2011 and they are trying to say it was a payment.

Ive sent letter of today with the points nem made. fingers crossed they pass it back to global.

Have you any idea if these would still issiue court proceddings based on there lie ?

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

Just updating you nem!
          still not had a reply since sending letter to BL over it been stat barred (about 4 weeks ago) so fingers crossed thats the end of it.

Jay

Comment

Good morning Jay.

It's not unusual for AG just to go quiet when a debt is claimed to be SB and never to be heard of again, the downside is it is known to sell on debts is can't collect.

Keep a close eye on post just in case BL come back with a " mystery" on off payment.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X