• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Complaint to FCA re money laundering accounts at Barclays Bank plc used in fraud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Complaint to FCA re money laundering accounts at Barclays Bak plc used in fraud

Another article to take note of. As well as victims of scam vehicle adverts, holiday villa adverts (worldwide) victims we can include 'courier fraud' victims to those who could join in any complaint to the FCA.

Today

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11475580._/?

MP calls for crackdown on bank scam after helping Selby couple recover their life savings
    This relates to what has become known as 'courier fraud' where a victim is phoned and persuaded to perform one or more actions that reveal their security details or transfer money to a fraudster's account using various pretexts. The common problem with vehicle scam adverts is the use of these widely set up bank accounts for use in money laundering.

This comment is pertinent.

He said he had met with bank fraud prevention experts to understand the intricate details of the scam and was not satisfied everything possible was being done to protect people.
    I'll post a copy of this item in the thread relating to making a submission to the FCA as the backing of an MP would be useful and my concern, that no one has seriously raised, is where these criminals are getting contact details for victims from. The fraudsters don't just require random contact details, but those for the elderly, and they seem able to do this with ease. There could be various sources for this information but I have come across examples where the criminals have known details of the victim's last bank statement and there's one place that comes from, having excluded every other possibility.

If these frauds are taking place due to breaches from within banks own data systems the, irrespective of the victim's actions, they should be reimbursed by the bank. The problem is that the only people who know this are the bank, unless the victims can recall what information the criminal knew about them. It won't have crossed the mind of most victims that this could happen.

I'll try and contact the MP and point him to this forum.

We and I may be easy to dismiss as fools and cranks, so having an MP (or MP's) of like mind is very valuable in making the FCA take notice and in gaining the attention of the media.

Comment

Re: Complaint to FCA re money laundering accounts at Barclays Bank plc used in fraud

if we can obtain a contact name and e-mail address from someone at the fca it would be easier to GROUP are complaint together, as advised and to give the fca a full picture we should report ALL fraudulant bank accounts that have been used by the criminals, maybe the authorities are or will be breathing down the necks of the banks to reduce/close down mule accounts but that won't get us our money back so its up to the victims to pursusde the fca that we are entitled to have our money back as if investigated PROPERLY there will be clear pattern of no day to day activity on the mule accounts and were opened and used soley for the purpose of commiting fraud, once a contact is obtained i will pm victims as to were to send a short account along with were your money went via e-mail to the fca, we should mention that WE ARE PART OF AND MEMBERS OF A CONSUMER RIGHTS FORUM LEGAL BEAGLES

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X