• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce query

My partner and his soon to be ex are currently going through a divorce, it is currently quite amicable but he has some reservations as to the competency of her solicitor.

My partner bought a house about 25 years ago and paid the mortgage on his own for about 5 years before he met his ex, she fell pregnant, moved in and over the years they had 2 more children so she never worked.

My partner moved to a rented property after the marriage broke down and his ex stayed in the mortgaged house with the kids and the mortgage is nearly paid off as he cashed in 2 endowment policies to reduce the mortgage to enable her to pay off the small final amount.

He recently had a letter from the solicitors with glaring obvious mistakes which his ex has agreed with (the maintenance payment was overstated by appx £160 per month as the solicitor did not take into account the frequency we have the children). So it's made him question the rest of it. Basically he gets to keep his pension but has to sign the whole house over to her as a full and final settlement and he isn't entitled to any of the equity!

He is going to take legal advice but I just wanted someone's opinion please.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X