• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

claiming back ppi from debenhams store card that was taken out pre 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: claiming back ppi from debenhams store card that was taken out pre 2004

Hi Angela,
    Sorry, I was very busy and did not have a chance to visit my favourite forum and to post as often as I usually do.

I can see that Santander still continues to behave in familiar way. What a shame.
    It is very good that our wonderful Bazza is so helpful.

So, if I understand correctly, they, Santander, cannot supply any prove that you requested PPI, but they refer to some phone conversation, without having any documented transcript or even a footprint to show that it ever took place. Is that so?
    They wrote to you that they are closing your case,
    Your PPI box was not ticked on the application form,
    They state that you later requested it over the phone,
    Does that mean that your PPI was not added from the start, but appeared later?

Firstly, what is their reason for a final rejection, is it that standard generic letter about non advised sale etc., you "would have received insurance documents", "you saw it in your statements, you could have cancelled it, but did not do it, it was optional" etc. Did they put anything else?

Secondly, what did you state originally as your ground for a complaint,
    was this PPI not right for you (for instance, you could not possibly make a successful claim due to your pre-existing medical conditions or employment status etc.),
    or was it unnecessary additional insurance for you, which you did not need, did not want and could not possibly want because you had other means to repay, other insurances, savings etc.?

Thirdly, was your case with general complaints department or with CEO office?

I am delighted that you decided to keep going.
    Santander, in my experience, is the worst company. However, as you may know from our special Sandander thread, we eventually do win our cases. Of course, our shared experience, help and support from our members here on that forum, is a very important "tool" for a successful outcome
    The support of our forum and your determination are your best allies.
    They, Santander, count on you giving up. But if you keep going you will get it eventually.

Barclays is doing exactly what any bank should do, they are putting things right and correcting what was done wrong. I also had an excellent experience with Barclays.

If you have a chance, may be you could post your documents, letters from them etc., removing your personal details, and I would look at your documents and see what can be done.
    You can attach them here.
    I would ask you, however, to send me PM to let me know that you posted. Then I will have email with a notification and will look at your post as soon as I have a chance.

We have the same situation with Bazza. He always alerts me by PM that there is a new post for me to look.
    Also, just in case, please be aware, it may take a bit of time, as I do have a lot of projects going at the moment, so I may not reply straight away. But I will with my first opportunity.
    I would very much like to help, of course.
    We'll be in touch soon.
    Please, keep going.
    Best,
    Victoria x

Comment

Help required please

2 rejection letters now from Santander re debenhams card both saying sale was non advised , there is no requirement for sales person to explore a customers circumstances to determine appropriateness of a policy to their individual needs. The documentation provided post sale provided all the information required. I had stated that surely a seller has to make sure the buyer understands what they are paying for. Can anyone help as every other bank I have claimed from has paid out as I had good employee benefits ie sickness, death and pension.
      Appreciate any help that can be given

joyce

Comment

hi Jmcinty,

I suggest going to the Financial Ombudsman http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/PPI.html

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
          hi Jmcinty,

I suggest going to the Financial Ombudsman http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/PPI.html
          Thank you ver much for your advice. Do you think they will take my case on as I was not sure that they would with it being Santander.
          :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Yes they will.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
              Yes they will.

Thankyou ver much I will keep you posted

j

Comment

Hi People

I am in the process of sorting my 3 different store-cards out from 1990s but the same finance company. I previously spoke to Santander via the phone and they found my details (I'm still living at the same address and I also remember my card details), they confirmed i did have PPI and said they would get back to me. That was 2 weeks ago and I received a letter in the post today with a form to complete for more information they require about my PPI policy about only one of my card. They have not send forms for the other 2 cards although we did speak about all 3 of them via the phone and they found all 3 details). I did not request a SAR because I already had all card information and they said they would contact me. I'm now thinking that I should have requested a SAR since they are also asking for original documents of this one particular card. I don't think I have it. Would have to search my old files but doubt it's in my house.

What should I do? Especially with regards to the original documents for this one card and also for the fact that they failed to say anything about the other two cards.

Thanks for your advice.
                Last edited by NewPPIclaimer; 28th June 2016, 21:20:PM. Reason: added information

Comment

If they have asked for specific information on the one particular card it may mean they are just missing information on that one, and are processing the others - maybe give Santander PPI team another call to check( 0345 600 6014 ) Is this the form - http://www.santander.co.uk/csdlvlr/C...=1324566123985
                  If so you could just print out a couple more for those other two cards if Santander aren't already dealing with them following your call.

A SAR might be useful but for 1990's they may well just not have any detailed information about that account.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Dear all, newbie here. I have found the forum amazing for help and advice and thank you for the help. I have two cards obtained in Debenhams. A credit card in 2005 and a store card card obtained in 1994. Both have PPI both miss-sold and I have claimed on both. I received great news on the credit card and received a full refund, however the store card I received a rejection using the standard template response they send out. I have drafted a response to santander but I wanted to also send off a letter to Genworth and was hoping for a draft of Di's successful approach. I am also prepared to send off an email to the CEO if and when the need arises. I will keep you all updated.

If okay with DI, if anyone has a template of the letter would it be okay to PM to me? Thank you
                    Last edited by DetFlop; 12th July 2016, 16:42:PM.

Comment

Hi
                      This is my first post on the forum so apologies if this is in the wrong section.
                      Following the advice and excellent resources from the forum I have made a claim to Santander for miss sold PPI on two store cards. The first was a Debenhams card opened in 1995 and the other a Mothercare card opened in 1998.
                      I have had a response from Santander today advising that they have upheld the complaint against the Mothercare card ( I would not have used the policy as I had 6 months full sick pay with a further 6 months half pay).

In calculating the amount of redress due Santander have stated that they only have available transaction history from 2005 and have therefore averaged the amount. They do state that they have the total amounts charged for PPI on the account, the total interest and total spending.

The final amount that they are offering is a refund of £17.10 for PPI payments: £21.54 associated interest and £35.97 8% interest. Total payment of £67.42.
                      My use of store cards was not great during the time I had them and I recall often having £2000 + on the card.
                      Does the sum of £67.42 sound correct and if not could anyone suggest what my next steps could be. The letter suggests that if I have any account statements from pre 2005 or evidence re transactions then they will look again at this.

Regarding the Debenhams card this has not been upheld as they state that the PPI was sold to me over the phone 2 months after the card was opened. I have no recollection of this phone call. The letter does appear to be a standard response stating this was a non advised sale. Again the reported amount of PPI premiums charged to the account seem to be low at £191.34, given the amount of use the card had.
                      Could anyone advise where to go next with this one.
                      Thanks for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X