• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contesting a Non Molestation Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contesting a Non Molestation Order

I received an ex parte Non Molestation order the other day.

Some of the details given are true and correct, but many are not.

There is a date for the short hearing and I would like to know if I can contest what has been said?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Contesting a Non Molestation Order

Hi and welcome.
    When you go to court you will have the opportunity to make representations.
    Assuming the applicant is your partner I would suggest you obtain professional advice from a solicitor specializing in family matters

Comment

Thank you

It is my now Ex Partner

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        Hi and welcome.
        When you go to court you will have the opportunity to make representations.
        Assuming the applicant is your partner I would suggest you obtain professional advice from a solicitor specializing in family matters
        So what if its not your partner who brought the application but someone who has lied in order to fulfil the critera?

Comment

I think part of the issue with this type of order is that the court views it as ordering you not to do something you ought not be doing anyhow, and so the bar, particularly for an ex part order (without notice) is set quite low.

Is there any history of domestic violence (sorry but the question has to be asked)?

There has to be a risk of significant harm, a risk that the claimant will not pursue the substantive proceedings and a potential that you are evading service being factors to take into account for an ex part order, but the court simply has to consider it "just and convenient".

You may be in further difficulty given that you say some of what is alleged is true.

But certainly you can contest it, as des says, you would benefit from representation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X