• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

shop direct SAR request arrived how to claim back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shop direct SAR request arrived how to claim back

hi all
    we are apparently receiving our SAR Request back today recorded delivery from shop direct.
    can anyone help me to how to work it out on a spread sheet,.
    how much interest to add on the claim and best way to write the correct letter.

Regards

Joe dempsey
    Tags: None

Re: shop direct SAR request arrived how to claim back

Hi there

I do not deal with the spreadsheet side of things but hopefully someone will be along to advise on this soon, however, when making the reclaim there is no need to give them the figure, they should come back with one with a breakdown, then work it out on a spreadsheet.:tinysmile_twink_t2:, but otherwise what you should receive is all payments you made of the insurance plus the basic interest to date of them making the offer of the refund.

Have you made a start on the reclaim?

With Shop Direct, write to them (dont do it over the phone, as you dont want to be fobbed off) tell them you are requesting a refund and interest of all you paid of the insurance because (give your reasons for the mis-sell) and state they have 8 weeks to comply with a final decision, failing this you will be considering taking action with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

I would not use a template to be honest, its best to make the letter your own and of course your very own reasons that apply to you etc.... if you need any help from here, please do ask, good luck x

Edited, sorry, was this for PPI? lol

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply
      no there was no ppi just interest and admin fees I have got the SAR back but we can't make anything out it's just a pile of screen shots photo copied.
      we haven't made a claim yet could I ask for the interest back under what terms?.

regards
      joe

Comment

If YOU can't decipher it, then shop direct have not complied with your SAR. The documents they send MUST be able to be read by anyone or a translation/explanation should be included

Comment

ok thank you.. they have not including any statements, default letters, letters from NDR nothing!!!!no notice of assignment to lowells.
          its a load of nonsense what they have sent.
          would i need to write to them again or go down the ico route?

regards

Joe

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X