• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking services advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MET parking services advice

:okay:

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post

M1
      Your comment on this please M1......
      As of the 1st October 2012 the Protection of Freedom Bill comes into force. Within this bill is a schedule which allows for private parking companies like Parking Eye to harass the owner of a car for tickets not paid by the driver.
      The registered keeper can now (from October 1st) be held liable for charges if they don’t know who was driving and can’t provide an address.
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Should I just email them now and dispute it? I'm lost again

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren1983 View Post
          Should I just email them now and dispute it? I'm lost again
          No.

M1

Comment

Is this going to affect our credit rating? I've been told it can do...oh my I feel way over my head with all of this..I guess that's how they want you to feel I suppose...feeling upset now

Comment

Is this going to affect our credit rating? I've been told it can do...oh my I feel way over my head with all of this..I guess that's how they want you to feel I suppose...feeling upset now
              The only way it'll effect a credit rating is if it goes to court, you lose AND you don't pay within 28 days of a court judgement. In short, it won't.

M1

Comment

Ok, so I'll hang fire and await a letter from them like we discussed earlier in the thread. And then proceed with letter from Paul as RK..

Comment

:nod:

M1

Comment

Hi. M1,

ive still not heard anything from them and it was over two weeks ago...should I be worried?

Comment

They can't send a notice to keeper until 28 days after the notice to driver was given. They then get 28 days to have given the notice to keeper to the keeper.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted Section 8

M1

Comment

Ok many thanks, I'm all nervous again :sad::sad:

Comment

Go knead some bread or pastry or something and use that nervous energy up

M1

Comment

Ha!! I hope this all turns out ok for me bloody stupid ticket people!!

Comment

Hi,

So it arrived, letter with photo of my car...now, do I send the letter you suggested? As from Paul (partner) or the template one? Thank you

Comment

Hi,

So it arrived, letter with photo of my car...now, do I send the letter you suggested? As from Paul (partner) or the template one? Thank you
                                Appeal and if required appeal to popla.

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs and in any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

Should you reject my challenge please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Then appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter or http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter . You will need to remove any section on anpr as yours was a windscreen ticket.

It does work http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories (hasn't been updated with many later wins but there is little change in results)

M1
                                Waiting is good as it gives a safety net if things don't go as planned even if that's unlikely. Don't waste time on the phone. Keep it in writing (electronic writing is free )

info@metparking.com

M1
                                It'll be from Paul as he is the registered keeper.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X