• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help Marston bailiff came today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help Marston bailiff came today

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
    Perhaps yuo should wait until these allegations are supported by fact before you mention them. Just an idea.
    Perhaps a little less ner ner ner ner ner would be good, Law is developing and changing constantly, and there may well be fiuture scrutiny of the provisions if blatant abuse and bending of the rules becomes apparent. You remind me of the Policeman in Thomas the Tank Engine, Thomas in Trouble, who says "The law is the law and we can't change it" Well yes the judiciary can and do change it when it becomes apparent it isn't working as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
      Thank you for posting this, Milo. However, in some cases, it has lead to abnegation of responsibility by local authorities and abuse of people's rights by private-sector contractors, lack of transparency and, most concerning, lack of accountability.
      So how does this tally with your assertion that the issuance and collection of liability orders by LAs is inherently fraudulent ?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Perhaps a little less ner ner ner ner ner would be good, Law is developing and changing constantly, and there may well be fiuture scrutiny of the provisions if blatant abuse and bending of the rules becomes apparent. You remind me of the Policeman in Thomas the Tank Engine, Thomas in Trouble, who says "The law is the law and we can't change it" Well yes the judiciary can and do change it when it becomes apparent it isn't working as intended.
        There is a Circuit Judge on the Western Circuit who quotes something similar. I believe it is called positivism.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
          Perhaps a little less ner ner ner ner ner would be good, Law is developing and changing constantly, and there may well be fiuture scrutiny of the provisions if blatant abuse and bending of the rules becomes apparent. You remind me of the Policeman in Thomas the Tank Engine, Thomas in Trouble, who says "The law is the law and we can't change it" Well yes the judiciary can and do chasnge it when it becomes apparent it isn't working as intended.
          perhaps a little more living the real world would also be helpful, the law is the law as far as you and me are concerned, you can try telling the authorities that they have it all wrong whilst they re posses your house if you like, but I think that you will find they will be somewhat inflexible to your interpretation and you will still find yourself out on your ear.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
            perhaps a little more living the real world would also be helpful, the law is the law as far as you and me are concerned, you can try telling the authorities that they have it all wrong whilst they re posses your house if you like, but I think that you will find they will be somewhat inflexible to your interpretation and you will still find yourself out on your ear.
            Do you know what? They will do what they do, we will lobby for change, and let them know of any abuses of the system. If a debtor engages at the earliest opportunity and they ignore vulnerabilities, and finacial destitution we will complain. end of now can we all work together or should we slag each other off for differences of opinion,?

That way the bully bailiffs and inept councils win.

Comment

What I have provided is the evidence from the Justice's Clerk's Society regarding summonses and Liability Orders.

Additionally, I have provide evidence from Lord Lucas which outlines the governments intention when introducing the Contracting Out regulations in 1996.

Laws do get changed but in the main, this is very difficult indeed and will come about from either intense lobbying or rulings from the Court of Appeal.

A good example that is current concerns the matter of ANPR and private parking. There has been an astonishing level of press coverage (mainly from the Daily Mail) and only today Eric Pickles has publicly stated that he is now looking at the way in which private parking companies enforce their charges.

On a personal note, I am pursing both DCLG and MOJ on the matter of the '14 day' letter from the local authority which has now been scrapped. This is the letter that under the old regs had to be sent to the debtor after a Liability Order had been obtained warning that if unpaid within 14 days the account would be sent to the bailiffs. That requirement has been revoked. Instead, it has been replaced with a letter from the bailiffs providing just 7 working days and worse still...a charge of £75 is being applied.

In my case, I am putting together EVIDENCE in support of a change in the regulations. Without supporting evidence a change will not be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
                What I have provided is the evidence from the Justice's Clerk's Society regarding summonses and Liability Orders.

Additionally, I have provide evidence from Lord Lucas which outlines the governments intention when introducing the Contracting Out regulations in 1996.

Laws do get changed but in the main, this is very difficult indeed and will come about from either intense lobbying or rulings from the Court of Appeal.

A good example that is current concerns the matter of ANPR and private parking. There has been an astonishing level of press coverage (mainly from the Daily Mail) and only today Eric Pickles has publicly stated that he is now looking at the way in which private parking companies enforce their charges.

On a personal note, I am pursing both DCLG and MOJ on the matter of the '14 day' letter from the local authority which has now been scrapped. This is the letter that under the old regs had to be sent to the debtor after a Liability Order had been obtained warning that if unpaid within 14 days the account would be sent to the bailiffs. That requirement has been revoked. Instead, it has been replaced with a letter from the bailiffs providing just 7 working days and worse still...a charge of £75 is being applied.

In my case, I am putting together EVIDENCE in support of a change in the regulations. Without supporting evidence a change will not be made.
                Regarding the 14 day letter. I was also interested in this. there is a provision in the council tax regs for a 14 day period for customers to provide information regarding attachment of earning orders also, my contention is that unless this avenue is first exhausted the order should not be passed onto the EA in any case. I am aware of the SI which revokes the 14 day period you are referring to though

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X