• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

so called loan from welcome finance secured on my property over 11 years ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so called loan from welcome finance secured on my property over 11 years ago

Hi can anyone help my ex husband has to sell our property(my name is still on the mortgage even though I moved out in 2005) due to it being repossessed on the 27th Aug.We have a cash buyer but found out today that there is a charge on the property from welcome finance dating back to 2003 for a loan which neither of us took out the cash buyer will pay £35000 for the house paying the B/S the £21000 he owes we should have been left £14000 to share however!!!!! welcome say the outstanding "so called" loan is for £25000 and they say that as I`ve lodged a fraudulent complaint with them it could take up to 13 weeks to resolve!!!! which we don't have I have asked for the credit agreement and they say they will send it when they are confidant that we are the people who owe them!!!!! we have had no contact phone calls letters bailiffs or anything else from these people and the loan is over 11 years old for goodness sake can I still sell the house without paying these people what I know we don't owe them Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: so called loan from welcome finance secured on my property over 11 years ago

You have correctly asked for proof of the loan, if they are not confident you are "the people that owe them" then I have no idea how they can hold a charge over the property. As time is of the essence I would suggest badgering them on the phone 1st thing in the morning.

Sadly you will be unable to sell with a charge on the property.

I will ask someone with more insight into Welcome to take a look at it tomorrow for you.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: so called loan from welcome finance secured on my property over 11 years ago

Thank you so much 'Bobbie' who spoke to me really not bothered asked him why in 11 yrs they hadn't made contact if they were positive I'd had the loan he dismissed me then said send us your passport and ten specimens of signature!!! I said I haven't got ten copies of my signature you arse he said which I found strange ok just pop them on a piece of paper and post them to us!!!! I said do you want them legally witnessed nooooo he said just jot them down and when we are satisfied you signed for the loan we'll send you the credit agreement something just not right!!!

Comment

First of all DO NOT SEND A COPY OF PASSPORT OR YOUR SIGNATURE

You want to obtain a copy of the charge over your property from the land registry

You can search for it here > http://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk...0C7IdFQG9k5Tz/

and will cost £3
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I've got that says welcome finance 30/06/2003 then progressive finance 11/12/2003???'? When I tackled him he said the June loan paid off!!! The December loan originally for 10500 outstanding to progressive finance but as no payments had been made at all the balance now stood at nearly 25000!!!! Surely to god if they had lent us the money and we had paid nothing for 11 yrs they would have been in touch tho?? I wasn't going to send anything to them it ddidn't feel right x

Comment

Casey, Welcome used Progressive Finance as a name as well.
            I dont trust them one inch.
            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by casey01 View Post
              I've got that says welcome finance 30/06/2003 then progressive finance 11/12/2003???'? When I tackled him he said the June loan paid off!!! The December loan originally for 10500 outstanding to progressive finance but as no payments had been made at all the balance now stood at nearly 25000!!!! Surely to god if they had lent us the money and we had paid nothing for 11 yrs they would have been in touch tho?? I wasn't going to send anything to them it ddidn't feel right x
              Can you post up what you got from the Land Registry (removing anything personal) to look at the wording? :typing:

How much is the actual charge for (what the LR says, not what those clowns say)?

Comment

There's no amount on the charge hun just says 19.9.2003 registered charge dated 30June 2003 to secure monies for proprietor welcome financial services and the address in Nottingham then 29.12.2003 registered charge dated 11 December 2003 for proprietor progressive financial services ltd same address trading as welcome finance

Comment

I wonder if Welcome are desperate for a signature so that they can forge it onto a made up credit agreement? I wouldn't put it past them!

Comment

I was thinking the same!
                    If Progressive Finance are down as being creditors on the Land Registry how can Welcome say that they are due any money, always wondered this as although we are not selling our house I have been told verbally that it is Progressive Finance on ours.
                    I also cannot belive that just over three years ago they were desolved as were eventually the " parent" company, Cattles.
                    On another thread another member has been told, by the FOS that they sould have submitted to the people dealing with the wind up of the company and because they hadn't, even if they were not aware of it they were unable to claim.
                    Something definetly stinks.

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
                    I wonder if Welcome are desperate for a signature so that they can forge it onto a made up credit agreement? I wouldn't put it past them!
                    Last edited by dogtired; 20th August 2014, 16:07:PM.
                    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Its unlikely you'll get this sorted out in time for the house sale.

With regards to Welcome and Progressive Keep all your complaints in writing (use an antitamperstrip on any signed letters) and then take it to the Financial Ombudsman - give the FOS a call first and tell them the situation and see if they can recommend something to try prioritise things.

Have you spoken to the Land Registry to tell them you suspect this charge is fraudulent ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X