• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Land registry; Halifax ;Deeds store

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land registry; Halifax ;Deeds store

hi im new to all of this , im hoping to get some advice for dad.

He’s trying to sell his house but recently years charges by Halifax /bank of Scotland have surfed up on his land registry and have caused delays to his house sale despite mortgage being cleared off years ago .
    Also he has discovered that he has an outstanding balance of almost four thousand pounds due to interest from unknown insurance being added to his Deed Store account- without his knowledge.(at the time he stored his deed he was told he must leave £125 outstanding which he can pay when the deeds are needed).

We have contacted Halifax on several occasions regarding this they themselves are unsure where these charges have come from. One of the customer advisors also contacted the insurance branch; she herself was not given a clear answer.

Any help regarding how we can remove the charges on land registry and the unknown interest charges will be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Land registry; Halifax ;Deeds store

Have your communications with Halifax been in writing?
    I would write to their customer complaints dept, outlining the problem and the inconclusive response you have received from them.
    Request they either substantiate the charges or remove them within 10 working days as they are having an adverse effect on the sale of the property.
    Depends on the answer you receive (if any) on how you go forward.

Others here may well come forward with alternative strategies

Comment

I'm curious about this.

I, too. have my deeds held with Hellifax. I had a major spat with them over several issues that lasted for nearly 8 years and I do not trust them one bit, even though I no longer bank with them. However, I still hold a mortgage with them and they thus hold my deeds. Now that I've read the OP's post, I'm not a little concerned.

Comment

So far my communication with Halifax has been on over the phone only.

Thank you for your advice i am now in the process of writing a complain letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X