• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A lorry reversed into my car and driven away, I have CCTV footage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A lorry reversed into my car and driven away, I have CCTV footage

Walk away unless he knows he was involved in the accident and admits it why should he give the Insurers details .

Don't the Bib have a system to find out

Comment

i have the lorry on cctv footage reversing into my car,

Comment

Originally posted by the_d_man View Post
        nah i will just walk away and remind him that it is a criminal offence not to hand over insurance, and i will go straight to police, luckily the police station is close to the flower shop so i will start walking towards it lol
        So at the very least you're going to threaten him with the police Great! I don't see this having the happy ending you want

Comment

ok so just sit and wait for people to drag their heels,

Comment

i have the lorry on cctv footage reversing into my car,
            So you keep saying but that's evidence to be used in the event he does deny it. You can tell him but if he thinks your bluffing it'll end up in an argument or worse

Comment

yeah i have shown cctv footage to the owner of the company he agrees it was their and fault and he was going to tell his insurers and I even gave him our insurers details, but nothing has happened since august our insurers have not heard from the company.

Comment

ok so just sit and wait for people to drag their heels,
                Who's "dragging their heels" The MIB will ID the firms insurance agent and advise you as soon as they can.

Also have you considered that the driver may not know who the insurer is

Comment

ok so they are driving around without any insurance details at hand! if they have an accident they must be able to produce some paperwork. this is a big company.
                  Our company has a paperwork in the car to produce insurance details in the event of an accident and plus adds reassurance to the driver of the vehicle that the insurance is up to date.

but possibly they don't know who their insurers are which then i would question if they are actually insured in the uk.

So you are saying do nothing and just wait

Comment

yeah i have shown cctv footage to the owner of the company he agrees it was their and fault and he was going to tell his insurers and I even gave him our insurers details, but nothing has happened since august our insurers have not heard from the company.
                    The owner HAS admitted fault to YOU (the claimant) I shouldn't tell anyone about that as it may invalidate his insurance if they get to hear about it. Admitting fault to a 3rd party is the insurer's prerogative and it will no doubt be in the T's & C's

Comment

ok so they are driving around without any insurance details at hand! if they have an accident they must be able to produce some paperwork. this is a big company.
                      Our company has a paperwork in the car to produce insurance details in the event of an accident and plus adds reassurance to the driver of the vehicle that the insurance is up to date.

but possibly they don't know who their insurers are which then i would question if they are actually insured in the uk.

So you are saying do nothing and just wait
                      That's big YES also what about your own insurer? couldn't they handle this for you

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                        The owner HAS admitted fault to YOU (the claimant) I shouldn't tell anyone about that as it may invalidate his insurance if they get to hear about it. Admitting fault to a 3rd party is the insurer's prerogative and it will no doubt be in the T's & C's
                        really! did not know that, just aswell they are not responding to me anyway!

Yes our insurers are useless even though i gave them all the details, they said they are going through MIB, we will phone them tomorrow again see what they are doing, so frustrating i just want the god damn car fixed and over with, we only had it a few months and it was expensive. really not enjoying driving it now with having this hanging over us.

Comment

really! did not know that, just aswell they are not responding to me anyway!

Yes our insurers are useless even though i gave them all the details, they said they are going through MIB, we will phone them tomorrow again see what they are doing, so frustrating i just want the god damn car fixed and over with, we only had it a few months and it was expensive. really not enjoying driving it now with having this hanging over us.
                          If your fully comp then they should fix it for you then chase the 3rd party insurer for payment & if that's not happening why?

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                            If your fully comp then they should fix it for you then chase the 3rd party insurer for payment & if that's not happening why?
                            Just as I said in posts 2 &15
                            You're insured, let the insurers deal with it and stop chasing the third party.
                            As an insured you have subrogated your rights to them, and by interfering in matters of which you appear ignorant, you might even make it impossible for your insurers to collect against the third party insurers................... and that will really p*** them off

Comment

AND increase the OP's premiums

Comment

yeah not ignorant just inexperienced in these matters
                                I thought it was a legal right to hand over insurance details.
                                Clearly not as easy as that.
                                With subrogated i have to pay the excess and I don't want to pay that if it's not my fault,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X