• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A lorry reversed into my car and driven away, I have CCTV footage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A lorry reversed into my car and driven away, I have CCTV footage

Hi
    I'm back so our insurers are still trying to locate the insurance company, quite a large company aswell they have loads of trucks in the UK over 150 i think. I have tried speaking to the owner of the company but he is next to useless and keeps telling me this is the process it has to go through, because now our insurers are going through the MIB (motor insurers bureau) it's extremely frustrating as i gave the insurers all the details, number plates etc even cctv footage and they still can't get hold of the other company's insurers it's taking a long time.

Just so frustrating since i have done absolutely nothing wrong and i am the one doing all the chasing and going through the headaches of contacting people.

Comment

Go to the police as it's illegal for the other party not to give you their insurance details. If the police hum and haw over this, inform them that this is a big company with lots of trucks in the UK and by not providing insurance details they are effectively driving without insurance as British drivers have no recourse when hit by one of their trucks.

Comment

yeah i will do, luckily he does the same delivery every week to the flower shop, i will try and catch him during the delivery time.

Comment

In that case if it the same van take a note of the number plate. Have you tried talking to the driver to see if he knows which insurer they use .

Comment

i have plates, im going to ask the driver directly and record him if i can, so if he refuses i can let the police know.

Comment

Just word of caution if you intend confronting the current driver of the vehicle.
              The incident was two months ago, there might be a different driver now

Comment

In addition not a good idea to confront someone who might later become a defendant

Comment

nah im not going to be horrible, im just going to ask the driver who they are insured with, it is a huge fleet in the UK so they must have insurance details, I just need to know the company they use.

Comment

OK but what if he refuses to tell you?????

Comment

i don't know, you tell me!

Comment

There are so many reasons NOT to confront the driver. You already have matters in hand so try & be patient.

Comment

well all i could is ask, to speed the matter up.

Comment

Originally posted by the_d_man View Post
                            i don't know, you tell me!
                            Precisely! if you don't know then don't do it cos if he refuses I strongly suspect you'll lose yer rag

Comment

nah i will just walk away and remind him that it is a criminal offence not to hand over insurance, and i will go straight to police, luckily the police station is close to the flower shop so i will start walking towards it lol

Comment

Originally posted by the_d_man View Post
                                well all i could is ask, to speed the matter up.
                                But you won't and you may even delay matters particularly if he claims he didn't do it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X