• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motobility Registration, Insurance and liability for PCNs/Traffic Contraventions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bailiffs demanding money from my 6 year old daughter

there might be restrictions as regards clean license, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      I
      On your insurance do you have to inform them of change of driver ?
      If that is a general question for the majority of people the answer is yes.
      If it is directed at MissFM I would think the answer is no, as from what she has said I assume she has an "open" certificate which allows her to give permission to any qualified driver.
      Years ago it was quite common for standard motor insurances to have "open" certificates allowing any driver, and any vehicle. Ahh the good old days.

My turn to cross with youMissFM

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        If that is a general question for the majority of people the answer is yes.
        If it is directed at MissFM I would think the answer is no, as from what she has said I assume she has an "open" certificate which allows her to give permission to any qualified driver.
        Years ago it was quite common for standard motor insurances to have "open" certificates allowing any driver, and any vehicle. Ahh the good old days.

My turn to cross with youMissFM
        Indeed, Des - when we all trusted each other and could be trusted..:wub

Comment

Seriously Cant thank you all enough for this thread ........ [ps Milo sent you an email S}
          My lad is a recent double amputee - we have ALL this malarkey to come when he finally can stand and then drive
          Dreading it as am falling foul of the ''system'' more often than not these days.
          These tips wrinkles and legal wotsits will be a saving grace for future reference
          Unless
          I surrender. shave my head and go live in a yurt in outer mongolia:yield:

........................................ All opinions are my own and cannot be taken as legal fact you have to check it all out for yourself
          .................................................. Im just happy to find tips or wrinkles ''stuff'' to be a help to those seeking ..... ....
          .................................................. ..My Jacobs fight @ MeningitisNow .org Support the Cause to find a Cure

Comment

Somehow or other there has been an almighty cock up, probably an administartive error at DVLA, at the root, as it would be they who send the details of Keeper etc, the council then compounded the muppetry along with the TEC and the bailiffs, who until they were aware they were enforcing in principle against a minor had done nothing wrong. By continuing to enforce as Commanded by the Warrant, they can absolve themselves of respomsibility, but once aware they should have ceased enforcement until it was clear whrer the error lay imho.

Good story for the press, and another one to clobber MOJ, Bailiffs DVLA and TEC as all are complicit in the mess. Perhaps the six year old should offer the bailiff her toys on camera when they call again, and call they will, then send the footage to Granada Reports. That may be the only way for all parties concerned to stop, look at what is going on and sort it.

Comment

These people know what's going on, but it's too much bloody trouble to sort it out.
              “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                Somehow or other there has been an almighty cock up, probably an administartive error at DVLA, at the root, as it would be they who send the details of Keeper etc, the council then compounded the muppetry along with the TEC and the bailiffs, who until they were aware they were enforcing in principle against a minor had done nothing wrong. By continuing to enforce as Commanded by the Warrant, they can absolve themselves of respomsibility, but once aware they should have ceased enforcement until it was clear whrer the error lay imho.

Good story for the press, and another one to clobber MOJ, Bailiffs DVLA and TEC as all are complicit in the mess. Perhaps the six year old should offer the bailiff her toys on camera when they call again, and call they will, then send the footage to Granada Reports. That may be the only way for all parties concerned to stop, look at what is going on and sort it.
                I think we know just what bungling oafs DVLA are, BB. Their CEO is an oaf and this appears to permeate the entire organisation. He has to go - no arguments - and the sooner the better. The Motor Insurance Industry is little better. Be in no doubt that there are serving police officers who are getting very concerned about what is happening.

You are absolutely correct that the civil enforcement company involved in the OP's case should have ceased enforcement action immediately they found out the person named on the warrant was a disabled six year-old child.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
                  Following the contravention the local authority would have made a request to DVLA using the VRM of the vehicle and requesting the name of the KEEPER and ADDRESS. The response from DVLA would be to provide the NAME as that registered with them. This name (which appears to be that of your daughter) would then appear on the NtO and ALL following statutory notices including the WARRANT.

Somehow it would see that your daughter's name appears on DVLA records and therefore I cannot see that the local authority OR the bailiff company have made any error.

Now....where there could be fault concerns the appeal made by your wife. Hopefully she made the appeal in writing and hopefully she advised the council that an error had been made in the name of the registered keeper. The LA should have advised your wife to make enquiries with DVLA.

You have indicated yourself that there is a 'mix up at DVLA'.

Where you are fortunate is that the vehicle in question is provided by Motability and the new regulations specifically provide that such a vehicle is 'exempt' from seizure (if it is displaying a Blue Badge).

Have you checked the V5c to ascertain the EXACT name and address. I have a commercial business and almost daily we receive an enquiry regarding notices going astray with vehicles provided by Motability and sadly there are huge problems with such registrations.

In any event, this case needs to be brought to the attention of the Welfare Dept at Equita and this should be done asap to ensure that any further visits cease. I can advise shortly but can you please address the query with DVLA and post back.
                  Must say I agree with ths. you cannot blame the DVLA for acting on information received, seems like mobility slipped up and made the wrong insertion under keeper of the vehicle (although I am surmising), granted once alerted to the error it should be investigated immediately'

Comment

Shame that the OP hasn't clarified the position one way or another.

Comment

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/..._action_e.htm#
                      Is the OP still in contact with this thread
                      I found this amazing piece of 'stuff' which may be helpful for them to pursue IF the nice Bailiffs are still advocating settlement of a warrant
                      and consider speaking with
                      manchester evening news.
                      Contact: Paul Gallagher, News Editor Email: newsdesk@men-news.co.uk Phone: 0161 211 2920
                      Hope its being sorted for them

........................................ All opinions are my own and cannot be taken as legal fact you have to check it all out for yourself
                      .................................................. Im just happy to find tips or wrinkles ''stuff'' to be a help to those seeking ..... ....
                      .................................................. ..My Jacobs fight @ MeningitisNow .org Support the Cause to find a Cure

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X