• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell group dirty tricks? Please advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lowell group dirty tricks? Please advise

Originally posted by overworkeduk View Post
    So i think as i requested the offer in writing to be sent within 7 days, i will see what happens by the weekend.
    If no letter or email then im just going to wipe my hands of it as its 5 years old anyway and a few more months it would be Barred i think.
    Clinging to the fact that i did offer and it was accepted but they didnt send in writing as requested twice.
    After all, i simply requetsed for the accepted offer in letter headed paper, Although im presuming that i have emails as proof. I am of the opinion that they feel that these are not proof of an agreement. Otherwise why wouldnt they just put it in writing and be done, and paid?
    Seems strange to me really But im learning a lot on this great forum
    Originally posted by ODC View Post
    It wont be barred now for another 6 yrs as you have reset the clock by admitting the debt. Did you ever request the paperwork on this
    Sadly this is the case, any written acknowledgment of the debt would reset the clock. Putting forward a repayment offer would fall into this category.

Comment

OOPS, Oh well. I may just call them, pay the money and then keep the info in case they come back, then go to court with the acceptance email to plead my case should they actually come after me again? Would this be the correct action guys?
      Cheers

Comment

It is always advisable to get written agreement prior to making a payment. I'd wait till they contact you again then write to them referring them to your previous offer and lack of response from them. No need to rush! :thumb:

Don't call them, keep it all in writing. :typing:

Comment

Many Thanks
          Ive requested full proof that they own the debt as well as a full breakdown of charges plus origional written signed agreement. I have also launched a complaint with the fos and sent all information regardin the emails and communications. So i will just hang fire now and wait. i do beleive that if they were not trying to mislead me they would have sent the confirmation letter, no big deal. But sending a letter with no mention of any settlement i feel was very tricky, Sneaky Sneaky lol

Comment

RESULT.. UPDATE.
            Hi guys , i just wanted to let you know that i got some joy after bombarding them, although the line that they will send feedback to their operative on the matter. " The ;etter was signed by one of teh directors mr crabtree" so that part i dont really beleive, But anyway its settled.
            Please see email received from internal complaints dept.

Dear Mr McKenzie

Further to our email of 15 August 2014, I have concluded my review of your complaint.

Your complaint

Following receipt of our letter dated 25 July 2014 you have advised us that you feel you were being misled into paying these accounts as the letter does not confirm your offer as being accepted as full and final settlement on each of the above accounts. As a result, you are considering further action.

You have advised us that this matter has caused you considerable stress.

Details of my investigation

On 11 July 2014 you informed us of your financial and medical situation and offered £300 in full and final settlement of accounts 92548794 and93875503. We advised we would take this under consideration.

In your email dated 16 July 2014, you advised that you could pay £150, to each account as a full and final settlement, within 7 days. If the offer was accepted you stated that the funds were being provided by your sister.

On 23 July 2014, we sent you email confirmation advising that we were pleased to inform you that we had accepted your offer to settle your accounts with Lowell, reference numbers ========== and =========, for £150.00 each. You were also provided with our bank details in order to make your payments.

On 24 July 2014 you asked us for a letter to confirm our previous email dated 23 July 2014, which was sent to you on 25 July 2014.

Complaint resolution

I accept and apologise that our letter dated 25 July 2014 was unclear and did not reflect what we had already advised by e-mail, that your offer was acceptable. Feedback will be provided to the agent who issued the letter, in-line with our internal complaints procedure. In addition I would like to reassure you that having accepted your offer by e-mail, Lowell had no intention of misleading you and not honouring this.

Your payment offer is still acceptable and the entire balances, listed above, will show as due and owing until the arrangement, previously agreed with our Customer Services department to pay the reduced settlement of £150 on each account has been completed. Once the payments have been taken, I will close accounts 92548794 and93875503, as outlined above.

Please contact me on 0800 5420058 and extension 8050 to make your payments.

As previously explained, the payments would be taken as a reduced settlement of the original balances. Consequently, each default on your credit file would be marked as ‘partially satisfied’, with no further monies expected or due. Please be advised that it could take up to 50 days for the Credit Reference Agencies to update their information.

I note your email dated 20 August 2014 requesting a copy of both agreements and a breakdown of all charges on these accounts. I have ordered the relevant documents to evidence this, which will be with you in due course. Until such time, our collections activity will be on hold.

If you wish to dispute my decision, the Financial Ombudsman Service provides a dispute resolution service to assist customers who feel their complaint remains unresolved. You have a right to use this service for up to six months from the date of this letter. For more information please visit the Financial Ombudsman’s website using the following hyperlink: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm. Naturally, I hope that you will not feel the need to do so. Should you require a paper copy of this leaflet, please let me know and I will arrange to send one to you.

Comment

RESULT..
              Last edited by overworkeduk; 22nd August 2014, 15:54:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by overworkeduk View Post
                RESULT..
                Great news.........
                “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

At last!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X