• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Your Experience with the Financial Ombudsman Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Experience with the Financial Ombudsman Service

You would not be advised of the product since it was online HOWEVER they should have sent something to you outlining the policy. As you get sick pay then you were covered, and I am making a huge assumption that you were working throughout this period in which the PPI was on the card so therefore unemployment benefit was useless plus you probably had a death in service element to your employment contract. Having made every single payment and never having a single charge on the account would suggest to me that you were not in financial hardship or financial difficult requiring the policy needing payment.

This is a difficult one because I'm not sure that you were advised necessarily that well in terms of what you need to argue when you are reclaiming. The tick box thing has come up before in regards to PPI but all you would receive is their standard template at the time.....I think Di30 is needed on this one....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

i just dont understand how the ombudsman can make a fair decision based upon a sample!

Comment

Yes, Carrera, this, unfortunately, seems to be the direction they are taking these days. That is why we started this thread.

I think you should definitely complain to your local MP. That is the type of case which is important to bring to the public attention. We noticed it started to emerge as a pattern.

The FCA clearly states:
        FCA App. 3.3.3
        "The firm should recognise that oral evidence may be sufficient evidence and not dismiss evidence from the complainant solely because it is not supported by documentary proof.

App. 3.3.5
        The firm should not reject a complainant's account of events solely on the basis that the complainant signed documentation relevant to the purchase of the policy."

It seems to me, that your side of the story was totally ignored and the decision to reject is based solely on the fact you ticked the box.

Please do take it further. You have few avenues to pursue.

You can write to the Ombudsman (not just adjudicator, but the Ombudsman) to appeal the ajudicator's decision.
        I would recommend to involve your MP from now on. The MPs have certain ways of communication with the Ombudsman. The ajudicator's decision can be challenge that way.

You can write or email to the business CEO with the copy to your MP.

Also there is small claim court.

I'll let our wonderful Di know and we'll see what she would suggest.

I do know what a frustration it is to have to go through all that nightmare.
        You are not alone.

V

Comment

Originally posted by Carrera_Girl View Post
          i just dont understand how the ombudsman can make a fair decision based upon a sample!
          On investigating all of this myself it would seem i don't remember applying or approving the sale of PPI is because the online application had a pre-ticked box!!

This in itself should be good enough...............if it was pre-ticked then you have a big shout.

You have complained to Barclays & the policy is still running ? the process should close the policy & advise you of the fact you are no longer covered & perhaps to arrange for an alternative cover.

Comment

i just dont know what to do now...

Comment

Originally posted by Carrera_Girl View Post
              i just dont know what to do now...
              Reply to the FOS tell them what you know or remember in answer to their questions & its not unusual for these things to drag on have a read of this lot get some ideas on what to write:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...chid=156323487

Comment

Carrera, Fred is absolutely right.
                You should contact the FOS again and challenge the ajudicator's decision.

There are still options, which were mentioned before, it is not the end of the road for your case.

Comment

Hi Fred,

May I ask a favour? Could you look at post 238 on the underwriter thread. You may not know the answer....... Which is o k. Would you have any suggestions as to where we could get any more help?

Appreciate that.

:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by L'pool64 View Post
                    Hi Fred,

May I ask a favour? Could you look at post 238 on the underwriter thread. You may not know the answer....... Which is o k. Would you have any suggestions as to where we could get any more help?

Appreciate that.

Underwriter thread ?................can you post he link please

Comment

Fred, this is the post 238 L'pool mentioned.

This is the link.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ess-PPI/page10

"L'pool64

Hi Folks,

I have asked this question before, with no response but, I am wondering if our friend and colleague Fred, could help with an answer. Apologies if I am putting you on the spot Fred....... It is only my intention to give people who have, on the face of it been mis sold, a further avenue to try, without even more hassle!!

When we refer to relationships between companies, underwriters etc, no one mentions ongoing re numeration.
                      To explain what I mean,
                      To enable one company to place business with another, take for example GE Capitol and Genworth, an agreement would have had to be drawn up. This would have stated how much business one company would have expected to place with the other and the likely re numeration that could be expected. No company places business with another, without a perceived financial advantage. Even the various Lloyds syndicates would have expected to make money/profit of some sort. So if we assume that everybody got paid when a PPI policy was sold, is this not enough to say that this payment constitutes a "relationship"?

Now, we all know that there is a relationship between Santander/Genworth, I have just picked that one as it is easy but, there are many others, that leave "customers" at a dead end, with no where to go.

this doesn't affect me in any way but, the answer seems, to me, so very simple.

P s it would not be the first time that I have been called an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

very best regards,

Xxxx"

Comment

Thank you Victoria, my dear friend. Thank you Fred.

Very best regards,

Comment

You are very welcome, my wonderful L'pool
                          I knew which one you meant, I remembered it, a very interesting one.
                          xx

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria27 View Post
                            Fred, this is the post 238 L'pool mentioned.

This is the link.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ess-PPI/page10

"L'pool64

Hi Folks,

I have asked this question before, with no response but, I am wondering if our friend and colleague Fred, could help with an answer. Apologies if I am putting you on the spot Fred....... It is only my intention to give people who have, on the face of it been mis sold, a further avenue to try, without even more hassle!!

When we refer to relationships between companies, underwriters etc, no one mentions ongoing re numeration.
                            To explain what I mean,
                            To enable one company to place business with another, take for example GE Capitol and Genworth, an agreement would have had to be drawn up. This would have stated how much business one company would have expected to place with the other and the likely re numeration that could be expected. No company places business with another, without a perceived financial advantage. Even the various Lloyds syndicates would have expected to make money/profit of some sort. So if we assume that everybody got paid when a PPI policy was sold, is this not enough to say that this payment constitutes a "relationship"?

Now, we all know that there is a relationship between Santander/Genworth, I have just picked that one as it is easy but, there are many others, that leave "customers" at a dead end, with no where to go.

this doesn't affect me in any way but, the answer seems, to me, so very simple.

P s it would not be the first time that I have been called an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

very best regards,

Xxxx"
                            What a disappointment I may be in stating the FOS is in the best position to deal with these matters............they have a "huge portfolio" of yes & no variables that they use on case assessment now, better for them really as it cuts the workload into realistic/unrealistic cases, however mistakes can be made especially on poorly presented complaints.

If the scenario for miss-selling qualifies in the first instance then generally the FOS is very good at finding anomalies that may exist that vary tremendously in complicated contracts.

Every effort should be made to give the FOS the information they need or ask for in relation to the complaint & I believe they are best to be used in such matters...........you give them what they want & you will get a "fair" result (on PPI) that is........

Comment

Hi there, I will read into this and get back to you as soon as I can, I can see the amazing info thats been put forward to you already x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Carrera girl and, have you requested for a Subject Access Request (SAR) on your account from Barclays?
                                If you bank with them as well, you could send them a SAR letter request for all the info they hold on you, they have up to 40 calendar days to comply, and you enclose the oneoff payment of £10 cheque or postal order.

Sorry if you have and mentioned it and i missed it, but like Leclerc said there should be some detail on the PPI, let me know if you want the template (SAR) to do this.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X