• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLA

Hi all

I was claiming the above, until the wave of kicking people off benefits came - this was around 3/4? years ago.

I discovered last week, from a neighbour, and not in a nice manner (used against me in an altercation) that he knew of my claiming and also the exact details of why!! I am furious about this - another neighbour who works for the DWP told him all this info.

What can I do about this breach of Data Protection? I gather their systems have a traceable record of which files they've accessed (including those unnecessarily).

Thanks in advance.

Foxy
    Tags: None

Re: DLA

First of all you should contact the DWP office that this person works for and make a formal complaint about the breach of your privacy. Inform the DWP that information has been passed on to a third party with out your consent. Then once you have a response you can contact the ICO.

The DWP do have a compensation fund for 'maladministration' but I think the primary aim should be to ensure this member of staff at the DWP is admonished.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: DLA

Originally posted by Foxyflugel View Post
      Hi all

I was claiming the above, until the wave of kicking people off benefits came - this was around 3/4? years ago.

I discovered last week, from a neighbour, and not in a nice manner (used against me in an altercation) that he knew of my claiming and also the exact details of why!! I am furious about this - another neighbour who works for the DWP told him all this info.

What can I do about this breach of Data Protection? I gather their systems have a traceable record of which files they've accessed (including those unnecessarily).

Thanks in advance.

Foxy
      Hi Foxy,

What you have highlighted is very serious indeed. ALL persons entering the Public Service (Civil Service) are required to sign a formal declaration to say that they will not disclose any information they come into during the course of and in the discharge of their duties without lawful authority. This can result in criminal prosecution if they do make disclosures without lawful authority.

In the first instance, I would make formal representations to the manager of the DWP office where your neighbour works, naming the other neighbour with the loose tongue and stating EXACTLY what they said word for word.

You should also contact your MP as they have access to the appropriate Minister and Secretary of State and let them know what has happened and what you are doing to try and get the matter resolved.

Try and let the DWP resolve this if possible, but have the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on standby as what has happened is serious.

UPDATE
      =====

A very helpful person at DWP has advised you should put the matter, in writing, and address to the Complaints Officer at your local Jobcentre Plus office. This is the first thing to do. As stated above, try and resolve matters with DWP before involving your MP and ICO.
      Last edited by bluebottle; 14th August 2014, 14:47:PM.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X