• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA Chasing DEBT.... 6 weeks to statute barred.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA Chasing DEBT.... 6 weeks to statute barred.

Hey

Looking for a bit of advice.....

I have an old loan debt roughly 8k, which is due to be statute barred within the next 6-7weeks.

over the lasts 2 weeks I started receiving phone calls and texts from the dca regarding this debt.

I have not answered the calls.. the registered address they have on me is my previous address, however i know for a fact that they know my new address, as they were the ones who linked my old and new address on experian and noddle.

What i'm concerned about is that they will try and spring a last min CCJ on me and perhaps send it to my old address

If i was to send them a standard proof it letter, and then once i receive a response from them, hit them with a CCA Request

would this keep the debt in dispute, buying me some time till i hit statute barred ?

The CCA Request cant reset the clock as they say can it ?

hope someone can advise on this

cheers

I
    Tags: None

Re: DCA Chasing DEBT.... 6 weeks to statute barred.

Hello Welshspark.
    This is tricky so I hope one of the smart beagles will be along soon to give you advice. I understand you worrying that they will send court stuff to your old address:scared: but you simply cannot discuss this with them on the phone. Ideally you want them to write to your new address so you can go down the CCA /SAR route. Let’s see what the clever beagles have to say.:ear:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

:bump2::bump2:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

write to them and update the address and without acknowledging the debt. Along the lines of Dear sirs I understand that you are trying to contact me regarding a confidential matter. Please write to me at my new address of XXXXXXXX. Then if they try to spring a last minute CCJ and send it out to the wrong address you may be able to get it thrown out .

Comment

Thanks for the post.

To clarify, once i have sent this letter out to the dca with the new address and they contact me, is it worth me sending a proof it letter, and then once i get a response from them, to send a cca request?

Will the cca request be an aknowledgment of the debt ?

Comment

just something to add...

when i explained that this debt was 6 weeks from statute barred... and that dca out of blue has been making calls, i forgot to say im only recieving one phone call or one text message
            on the same day once a week,

i thought that was a bit strange, as dca have a habbit of constant ringing...

maybe im reading to much into it... but are the calls perhaps the dca, showing that they have made attempts to contact me, before pushing through with a ccj
            and that they could produce this as a form of evidence ?

seems a bit strange just the one call once a week..

i dunno

maybe im just getting a bit paranoid with so little time left till 6 year anniversary

Comment

Make sure you send the letter advising your new address by recorded delivery and take a screen shot of the Post Office confirmation when delivered.

DCAs often have an automated phone system. Only when you answer will a real person pick up at their end. Once a week is not uncommon.

Send your 'prove it letter' (recorded) and when (if) you get a reply, only then send the letter asking for the CCA. Do NOT sign anything by your own hand, use a fancy font instead.

Asking for a CCA is NOT acknowledging the debt.

Just trying to contact you is not any form of real evidence, only a Letter Before Action shows they have tried to negotiate.
              They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Hi there, just wanted to give an update with regards to my original post..

I sent a letter to the dca recently, informing them of my new address, i know i left it late, but had lots of other things on my mind.

anyways, i hadn't heard nothing off them in a couple of weeks,since sending letter so decided to ring them, playing stupid, wondering why they were calling, i was trying to suss out if they had tried to get a ccj by default against my previous address.. because this debt was very close to statute barred..

they explained i owed money etc, the person i spoke to even, went as far, as telling me the assignment date, default date, and the date i last made a payment!! LOL which was 6 years and 2 days ago,

i explained how could i pay for something i didn't know nothing about, and requested a statement of account, they said they would speak to OC and request this..

recieved another letter then today, saying that account is on hold whilst they get statement of account from the OC.. all very friendly stuff.(wondering if this because they know its statute barred, and trying to get a payment or maybe they have gone for a ccj and not telling)

what im wanting to know, is it best to ignore them for a bit longer, because ive heard conflicting things, about the cause of action, being either the date of last payment, or 30 days from date of last payment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X