• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

executor not informing me of details of estate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• executor not informing me of details of estate

Long story but due to complete family breakdown following the death of my parents my mother passed in Nov 13 and father followed in Jan 14, I have been ostracised by my siblings to the point where they did not inform me of my fathers funeral I had to contact the nursing home to obtain the details. My brother is the executor of my fathers will and has not contacted me in anyway to inform me that the estate is settled. Due to problems with my older sister who is under investigation from the DWP for misappropration of my late fathers pension she is also suspected of clearing out his bank account prior to his death, my brother took the stance that I was being petulant and refused to discuss the matter with me he was of the opinion that as I was the person who informed the DWP of my sisters actions I was unreasonable and to quote "acting like children" The same sister informed him that dads will was null and void which is it not and I gave him the origional will with the details of the solicitor who held it and requested that he contact them himself to verify matters, my father also had a private pension with a lump sum due on death, the paperwork is in the hands of the sister who is under investigation. There were bills outstanding including the settlement of my mothers funeral. ( I paid my share of the bill and to my knowledge the rest was unpaid)
    My brother will not answer my calls or emails and I have no idea of what is happening, I am unable to obtain any details of the investigation as I have been informed that as I am not the executor of my fathers estate they will not disclose any details with me and suggested I contact the executor so as you can see going round in circles.
    I am struggling with the death of my parents and in effect loosing all my family support in one fell swoop and am getting some help to cope.
    my question is who can I contact to help me get some answers I know the money due to me has gone but just want to know that my parents funeral bill are paid and that they can finally rest in peace. Please dont suggest I go to family mediators as this will just not happen ( tried this before my father passed and it just made the situation worse) I need closure but have no idea what to do next please help
    Tags: None

Re: executor not informing me of details of estate

Hi and welcome, really sorry about your situation and I do hope you can resolve the upset with your family.
    If you dads estate went to probate the will becomes public and you can get a copy by following the instructions on here https://www.gov.uk/wills-probate-inh...robate-records I have given you this link because there are companies on the internet that will charge double for doing exactly what can be done through the official gov. site.
    If there are debts unpaid and overpayments to the DWP due and there was enough in the estate to cover these then this will become the responsibility of the executor.
    The funeral expense being the first in priority from the estate.
    Hope this helps for now Enaid x

Comment

Re: executor not informing me of details of estate

It certainly sounds as your siblings have stolen the lot. Unfortunately, as a quick glance around this site shows, this is by no means uncommon. As enaid suggests, your first step is to obtain a copy of the Will.

If the funeral bill was not paid, then again, as enaid says, that's the executors problem as it is they who will be pursued for the money.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X