• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

chatbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chatbox

Happens a lot recently - can't post in the chatbox! Sometimes it says "not logged in - log in" then when you click "Log In" it's OK - but sometimes (like just now) it doesn't say that at all and can't post my ephemeral witticism
    Tags: None

Re: cahtbox

uh-oh - how do I edit the title (ie change cahtbox to chatbox)?

Comment

Re: cahtbox

I get the same sometimes and have to click on forum home again - refresh doesn't work - think something to do with timing out - the bit where you type in turns to italics and light grey ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: chatbox

Times out for me as well sometimes. As said, reloading the page doesn't seem to reset it, but navigating to another page or tab on the site and then going back does.

Comment

It always times out for me too after a few minutes. I just refresh the page to fix it.

Another thing is that most times I go to edit a post, when I click 'save' nothing happens and I have to refresh and do it again.

Comment

Using words like ephemeral, no wonder it shuts off..........:tinysmile_grin_t:
            “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Refreshing (even a hard refresh bypassing cache) doesn't seem to work for me. May be browser dependant though.

Comment

Refreshing doesn't work - I usually just press the Forum tab..... and I've no idea how to fix it - we USED to advise people to keep WHO's ONLINE open as it keeps you actively logged in as it self refreshes every 30 seconds or so.

Anyway there's a log in/log out button on the chatbox (circled below) next time it does it have a go pressing that and report back if that works please

Attached Files
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hadn't noticed that button.

Comment

ummmm neither had I until ten minutes ago :doggieyes:
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hey Boss Lady, i thought you was on holiday, on your way to Scotland.
                      The 'Nessie Returns' ?
                      Stick to the highland route, it's beautiful.
                      Have a great time:rain:
                      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                        It always times out for me too after a few minutes. I just refresh the page to fix it.

Another thing is that most times I go to edit a post, when I click 'save' nothing happens and I have to refresh and do it again.
                        I often have that problem too.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
                          Hey Boss Lady, i thought you was on holiday, on your way to Scotland.
                          The 'Nessie Returns' ?
                          Stick to the highland route, it's beautiful.
                          Have a great time:rain:
                          That'll be the other Boss Lady off to a fish farm in Scotland for a few days, 'fraid you're stuck with me xxx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            That'll be the other Boss Lady off to a fish farm in Scotland for a few days, 'fraid you're stuck with me xxx
                            Damn........
                            I always had that trouble picking the winner in a two horse race...........:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                            xx

Comment

I have no idea what AdminCP (or otherwise) settings are available for the chatbox, but would it be possible to extend the timeout a little?

Would also be handy if the history in it and the archive extended back a bit more than it does now.

I appreciate that it's possible depending on how it's coded that those could be very hard to change.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X