• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fendy -v- Yorky Bank.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fendy -v- Yorky Bank.

Had account with Yorky Bank some 18 ish years ago, and closed it about 10 years ago. I know I had plenty of charges on it from way back so sent SAR end of April recorded delivery, received letter back asking for photocopy of passport pics for both of us, sent those recorded. Then received letter saying they had 56 days from cashing my cheque to send me the statements,info etc. I sent another letter to them recorded saying, no its 40 days and starts from the day you receive my request, i.e. I have proof cos you signed for it numpties.................. then so far received nothing. SAR date was up 5th June. So sent off non compliance letter giving them further 7 days. If nothing, by 13th June, then will be reporting them to ICO next week, and also starting court for non compliance. Time wasters............ Lol xxxx Will be claiming for older than 6 years though, so worth the wait, lol xxxxx All that lovely lolli coming home to is mummy soon, yaaaaaaaaaaay xxx
    Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
    Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
    Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
    Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
    Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
    Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
    Natwest round 2
    Abbey Round 2
    Yorkshire Bank round 1
    A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Good luck with getting those statements back Fendy
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Ay, like drawing teeth, the wasacks will make me wait I know.......... well have nudged them along with LBA on compliance, and then 6 days to go to filing for non compliance with SAR. Will of course report them to ICO too, yippee, nice to make em jump through hoops a bit for me, Yaaaaaaaaaaaay to be a nuisance with Yorky Bank. Lol xxx

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
      Natwest round 2
      Abbey Round 2
      Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Well first thing Wednesday on account of not had diddly, even though they have cashed my flippin SAR cheque on 10th May. I think theyre sticking by their own timetable, i.e. they told me 40 days from cashing of the cheque the cheeky s*ds. So that would mean in their eyes they have until 20th June which is until next Wednesday, so if nothing by then (see Im being nice, giving them until THEIR deadline, not mine), then Im filing at court for non compliance with SAR, and going for a token gesture of compensation in the form of a couple of hundred quid. So Yorksy Bank you got until Wednesday next week to comply, if not, its off to court for you's naughty bank.

Why are banks so flippin orrible to their customers. Why. ???? And why does the government continually let them get away with treating people so badly and not complying with things they are supposed to comply with. It gets me soooooooooooo cross. One rule for them, seems to be a different one for joe public. C'est la vie. !!!!!

Now Gunning for
        Natwest round 2
        Abbey Round 2
        Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

They appear to be hiding behind the OFT body with regards to it. However with Data Protection Law, ie Subject Access Request they should comply because it is the law.

Comment

Okies, have given em long enough. Theyve cashed my cheque, had my money and never provided diddly. So am reporting them to IC this morning. Photocopying all info, letters, recorded delivery slips and sending complaint to ICO today recorded delivery. I will make the eeejits comply one way or another. Agghgghghgggh, and they cashed my flippin cheque yonks ago. Yonkks I tell ya. How dare they...............xxx

Now Gunning for
            Natwest round 2
            Abbey Round 2
            Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Ok DECIDED TO RING THEM FIRST AND SEE WHAT HAPPENED. HERES WHAT DID.

BELOW:

USEFUL NUMBER TO CHASE STATEMENTS AND SAR INFORMATION:

LEEDS HEAD OFFICE - AS TO BE PUT THROUGH TO

ADVICE QUALITY UNIT - CHARGES SECTION

TEL. 01132 472 000 or 01132 472244

I got put straight through to an information officer who confirmed they have been having immense problems with being able to get the information out to people in time, i.e. within the 40 days. He said my statements and info will be with me no later than next tuesday, 26th June.

HOPE THIS MIGHT HELP ANYBODY STILL WAITING FOR INFO. If no info by next tuesday then filing at court I think for non compliance, s*d the ICO, I want action.

Fendy xx
              Last edited by Tools; 23rd June 2007, 15:15:PM. Reason: Thanks Fendy xxx

Now Gunning for
              Natwest round 2
              Abbey Round 2
              Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Right, Yorky bank are gettin another jab up the bottom today with a pointy stick. Still no SAR info and its been 68 days. Whats a gal to do. I keep being fobbed off.

Will give em one last chance today to come up with some real information, quoting what man told me last week. ICO are gonna love this one if supposedly they have just been in to do check on em and they think they are complying.......... W R O N G again and I have all the evidence, letters, recorded delivery slips etc. to prove it. So Yorky Bank, what ya gonna do. Cough up today or incurr the full wrath of Fendy on a mission. Cos a mission I will make it unless you give me solid concrete evidence today that stuff is coming out to me. I wont go away.......................

Now Gunning for
                Natwest round 2
                Abbey Round 2
                Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Right, just rung Yorky Bank. Spoke to guy called Andrew in the Advice Quality Charges Unit Leeds. He said I should have had the info, i.e. statements going back 6 years only by now. I said that is not what I asked for. I ASKED FOR A FULL SAR, I.E. COPIES OF EVERYTHING IN MY FILE THAT YOU HAVE THAT YOU HOLD ON ME. You have cashed my cheque, taken my money and so far provided me with nothing. I might add I closed this account some 8 years ago. He said I would not be entitled to statements because they only hold info going back 6 years no more. I said that is not what Im after. ok you have to send statements too, but what Im after is a full copy of everything in my file, that is what a FULL SAR is, not just statements. After a lot of umming and ah'ing he said he would have to speak to his colleague who gets in at 10 on a monday about it and ring me back. He thinks he needs to be putting this request through to a department called Network support but on account of they have only ever had 4 other requests for this type of SAR, then he really didnt know how to deal with it. I have been promised a phone call back at some point today. I have his name so if he hasnt rung by 4 I will ring him back again and find out whats happening. They have taken my money and provided me with diddly. Nothing. Nada.

He sounded quite worried actually, dunno why. I told him I had just filled in the complaint form to the ICO and would be posting it today with all supporting documents/evidence of my SAR requests and letters and recorded delivery slips etc. unless somebody got back to me today. They might play the flippin 6 years worth of statements thing with me (in which case I dont qualify for any on account of the account closed about 8 years ago), but they cannot deny me FULL SAR, i.e. copy of everything they hold on me in file, can they. Im sure there will be something in there showing all my charges or relating to all my charges, surely this info cannot be held on statements alone can it ??

Anybody ?? Any ideas, but so far brick wall. I will have to sit back and wait and see what they come back with today. If they dont ring me I will be on them like a dog with a bone. No let up. Ive only two weeks to my jollies now and I want all loose ends tied up before I go. Bl**dy beurocrats. Aghgghghghgghgh.

Now Gunning for
                  Natwest round 2
                  Abbey Round 2
                  Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Well nobody phoned me back from Yorkshire Bank today as they promised they would. So filled in ICO complaint form, sent photocopies of all evidence, cheque numbers etc. gave em everything. Just gotta wait for ICO to take action now. Will trying ringing them again one last time tomorrow then if no joy, will file at court for non compliance and compensation. Bl**dy morons....................... how stupid do they think I am. Well they picked the wrong person to cross. Gunning for em now in every way possible. Theyve even taken my money and given me nothing. Aghgghghgghghgggh so annoying.

Now Gunning for
                    Natwest round 2
                    Abbey Round 2
                    Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

If my experiences are anything to go on, YB insists that all its manually held data is held in unstructured files that do not constitute a relevant filing system, which therefore deems it not discloseable as it is not caught by the Act

Comment

Aghgghgh so where does that leave me. Minus ten squid, theyve cashed it, and given me nada so far............... aghghgghghg.

Now Gunning for
                        Natwest round 2
                        Abbey Round 2
                        Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Just wait and see what they provide.
                          Youve already complained to the IC, it may be that the IC will carry out an assessment.
                          Its about time the IC used its powers and visited all these non compliant data controllers to inspect their systems, but then lack of resources to enforce its powers could be a deliberate government ploy to ensure the peasants cannot exercise their rights.
                          On a side note, a friend of mine, with a similar story to yours sent off a SAR to YB earlier this year. Her cheque was immediately cashed, she is now at day 166 and still waiting for her information.

Comment

Keep up the pressure Fendy. Good luck
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Okies, just rung numpty Andrew again at Yorkshire Bank, Advice Quality Unit, charges section. On account of he promised to get back to me on Monday and never did. Surprise, surprise. Why am I not surprised................. after keeping me hanging on for over 3 minutes, he eventually came to the phone sounding incredibly sheepish. I asked him why he never rang me back, Oh I forgot.......... yeah course you did. So after he explaining he doesnt really know who to deal with requests for a full SAR, hes only apparently ever heard of 4 other customers asking for them, he then let me hang on for another 5 minutes whilst he went to find out which department and whom I should be ringing to chase up. Came back and gave me name of: Tracy Rayner on 0113 2315280. He has promised that even though she is very very very very busy (yeah), she will ring me back. Then added, why do you want her to ring you back. IN ORDER FOR ME TO ESTABLISH ROUGHLY WHEN SHE INTENDS TO COMPLY FULLY WITH MY REQUEST FOR FULL SAR. Met with a "Oh, I see, well Im sure she should be able to do that". I said if she doesnt call me back today, then I am filing at court next week for non compliance with full SAR. Im not being difficult, but it seems that the only way I can make any of you take any real notice of me is to threaten. Believe me, this is not a threat. I will file at court, if nobody has the decency to call me back. I will.

So sitting back now waiting for somebody to call me.

And if nobody does, I will call her no later than 4 today and find out where they are up to, and if they dont put me through to her for whatever reason, then I will be filing at court next week for non compliance with SAR. Thats where I will need some help from you guys with the wording for POC when filing at court for Non compliance. I already sent a complaint off to ICO on Monday about this, do I have to wait for the outcome of that before I can file at court for non compliance or can I just go ahead and file anyway. Any advice greatly appreciated. Also what sort of amount should I be requesting in compo for non compliance. All I want is the bl**dy info.................. Fendy xxxx

Now Gunning for
                              Natwest round 2
                              Abbey Round 2
                              Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X