• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RTA . solicitors success fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RTA . solicitors success fee

What did the medical report say, and did you receive a copy?

Children? have they claimed?

Comment

Who is your solicitor ? (ie. is it a 'accident helpline' type outfit or a local family solicitor )Presumably you signed a CFA before they commenced representing you?

'' In CFA cases, if a success fee is charged by the lawyer, it is payable by the claimant and cannot be more than 25% of damages, excluding damages for future care and loss.''
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hiya Sleepy!

My two penny worth - if you don't think £1500 is enough and would accept £2K then get your solicitor to negotiate upwards so that you all get what you feel happy with.

You can't overturn the agreement you made with the solicitor - just get him to negotiate for more. IMO if they are offering 2K initially they will probably go up - too tired now to do the arithmetic but they need to offer c 2800 for you to get the 2K (+100) and the solicitor then gets 700, so it's in his interests, too.

You do have to pay the solicitor according to your contract with him.

Comment

Hello MissFM,thank you for your advice which i will be following.:thumb:.
          6 second abs,3 up,3 down Get the perfect abs..

Comment

Last question.Why does solicitor take 25%? If certain cases are easy to win,why not only say 10%?
            I dont think he earned his 25% of my reward,he couldnt lose my case,so very little if eny risk to his pocket was involved.

Comment

If you have such a chip on your shoulder over paying him the 25% which i'm guessing was written in black and white in the contract and did not in fact appear magically overnight, why the hell did you not negoiate it before you signed the contract? the agreement is clear and you have to pay.

Comment

Was this offer pre-medical examination/report In which case its probably a 1st offer (the insurers trying it on) A final offer should NOT be negotiated until AFTER the medical report has been seen. Also are your children claiming injury & if so are they under 18years of age. If that is the case then your solicitor will have to seek the courts permission to settle on their behalf

Comment

Take your money and run..........:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                  “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
                    Take your money and run..........:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                    Not until we know the answers to post 37

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                      Was this offer pre-medical examination/report In which case its probably a 1st offer (the insurers trying it on) A final offer should NOT be negotiated until AFTER the medical report has been seen. Also are your children claiming injury & if so are they under 18years of age. If that is the case then your solicitor will have to seek the courts permission to settle on their behalf
                      Hi rity,the 2000 was first offer after medical.Have since spoken to solicitor he has agreed we should refuse this offer and settle for 3600 pounds.
                      My daughter was injured in the accident,her injuries little more serious than mine.She also attended medical same day but as not yet recieved offer.They want her to attend second medical when injuries have settled down in November.

so,guess things have worked out ok.
                      As for the 25% charge on my reward,will have to honour the contract,end of .Thanks to all who posted.

Comment

Originally posted by ssparks2003 View Post
                        If you have such a chip on your shoulder over paying him the 25% which i'm guessing was written in black and white in the contract and did not in fact appear magically overnight, why the hell did you not negoiate it before you signed the contract? the agreement is clear and you have to pay.
                        My op asked if success fees where legal,it was never really about me paying the 25% from my reward the thread just went that way.
                        There are prob hundreds of people who just except there first offer because they are skint,take the money and run as some one posted,they pay the 25% with out question.
                        My reward was for my injuries not to pay out to solicitor,who has already claimed monies for his work from opponents insures.
                        I know little about law,wouldt know how to represent my self if it went to court,so we rely on solicitors,well contracts a contract so i guess thats how it goes,25% though robbing b+++++ds.

Comment

Afraid you should have read the terms and decided whether you were content with them mate.

Generally. now, you get a choice, either don/t pay and surrender a cut of damages, otherwise pay for professional fees and shut up.

That is where we are, sorry.

Comment

Section 44 of the LASPO Act
                            The CFA Order 2013
                            Civil Procedure Rules
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Do you have any idea why success fee's were introduced.

They were introduced up to 100% to allow lawyers to take on cases that are in the public interest without being bankrupted if they lose. So no they aren't robbing b's they are doing, what Labour wanted in their much vaunted "Access to Justice' If you blame anyone blame Blair & his mates who started reducing legal aid & introduced the CFA (Conditional Fee Agreement) no win no fee

Comment

Also if your child is under 18 a court will have to approve any settlement......more work for your solicitor some of it unpaid

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X