• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RTA . solicitors success fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RTA . solicitors success fee

First step to Challenge the fee is to contact the Solicitor Have you done that if they says its correct you should get advice from another Solicitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepyhead View Post
      I was looking for advice on how to challeng this fee.
      My solicitor took no risks.
      It was all paper work between insurance companies on what they should pay me in compensation.
      You have been given advice, but you don't like it. If you challenge the fee you'll lose, simple as that. And your solicitor sets his fees at the outset of the matter not at the end. At a time when he has only your word that the 3rd party admits liability

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        First step to Challenge the fee is to contact the Solicitor Have you done that if they says its correct you should get advice from another Solicitor.
        I can almost guarantee that another solicitor will same as the rest of us "pay it" AND might even charge the OP for that 'advice'

Comment

I dont agree with either of you.
          I think the 500 pounds reward is disproportionate to the risk involved in my case.
          What i need to do is find out from my solicitor what his risk assesment of my case was.??

Is there independent body that could look at this.I cant see where the risks are,opponent admits at scene to myself,police,every tom ,dick,harry that was there it was his fault.
          No courts involved.
          6 second abs,3 up,3 down Get the perfect abs..

Comment

I dont agree with either of you.
            I think the 500 pounds reward is disproportionate to the risk involved in my case.
            What i need to do is find out from my solicitor what his risk assesment of my case was.??

Is there independent body that could look at this.I cant see where the risks are,opponent admits at scene to myself,police,every tom ,dick,harry that was there it was his fault.
            No courts involved.
            Then why ask for advice if you think you know better & the fact that "he told everyone' could have meant you would have had to sue him personally if his insurers, on finding this out, refused to indemnify him.
            Pay a fee & get advice from a solicitor if you don't/won't accept what your being told here

Comment

Have you phoned the Solicitor its only a Phone call away for an answer

Comment

Listen friend, if you are not satisfied by our answers, then go to the 'Law Society' web page.....
                It will answer all your questions.
                http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/for-the...t-a-solicitor/
                “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

I was looking for advice on how to challeng this fee.
                  My solicitor took no risks.
                  It was all paper work between insurance companies on what they should pay me in compensation.
                  In view of your refusal to accept good advice clearly he did take a risk. Have you complained directly to him & if not why not

Comment

I am refusing the offer and instructing solicitor i want him to contact insurance companies to come up with higher offer.
                    Thanks to all replys.

Comment

I am refusing the offer and instructing solicitor i want him to contact insurance companies to come up with higher offer.
                      Thanks to all replys.
                      Why not sleep on it, Sleepyhead? Everyones giving you the same advice. You're not going to succeed.

QCK

Comment

Also, if your solicitor has advised you to accept & you refuse he could refuse to continue to act for you AND bill you for all of his fees/costs. AND I think you will find that also will be covered in the agreement you signed

Comment

Lets wait and see what happens .
                          From earlier posts its appears that you have accepted the offer is this correct?

Comment

I think you are unwise, but I wish you luck.........
                            “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Forget about challenging your solicitor.
                              Make him work for his reward.
                              For what losses are you receiving compensation?
                              Damage to vehicle?
                              Loss of use of vehicle /cost of vehicle hire?
                              Loss of earnings?
                              cost of additional fares to eg hospital, garage to collect repaired vehicle etc?
                              Injury? If whiplash was involved, how long ago was the accident and are you sure it has settled for good?
                              If you can give more details of the accident and a breakdown of how the £2000 was arrived at, we might be able to help further.

Comment

Me and children where going home in a taxi when car came crashing into us.
                                My medical was last week and i recieved a text from my solicitor asking if i would except 2000 pounds (-25%).
                                Thats the case,service pack from solicitor,letter for medical appointment and a text.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X