• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RTA . solicitors success fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTA . solicitors success fee

Was involed in RTA .
    The gentleman admitted liability,the case was straight forward.
    I was awarded 2000 pound,now my solicitor wants 25% of my award.Is this legal?
    6 second abs,3 up,3 down Get the perfect abs..
    Tags: None

Re: RTA . solicitors success fee

Yes if instructed your solicitor on a conditional fee basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepyhead View Post
      Was involed in RTA .
      The gentleman admitted liability,the case was straight forward.
      I was awarded 2000 pound,now my solicitor wants 25% of my award.Is this legal?
      It depends of what you agreed with the solicitor in the first place.
      Look at any agreement you had with him, especially the small print.
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Have you paid your Solicitor any other fees?

Comment

Thanks for replys.
          Having read the section Conditional fee agreement from sevrice pack my solicitor sent me it says all costs and disbursements will be claimed from your opponent.However the success fee,this must be paid by me.The success fee in brackets (to reward our firm for the risk we take when we make our fees conditional upon success of your claim).
          I think this is bit of a rip-off,there was no risk as the gentleman admitted from beginning he was responsible,the day after my medical examination i get a text asking if i would except offer of 2000 pounds.
          Solicitors have already been paid,now they want 500 pounds from my claim as a reward for taking on a case they couldnt lose.
          What you think,?could i say hang on a minute thats a little to much of a reward.

Comment

Think you are on a loser trying to argue this its a Contract and the Solicitor if not paid will no doubt take you to Court incurring more fees for you.

Comment

I know your right,but just little annoyed such a large chunk of my claim is for a reward when very little risk by my solicitor was taken.
              Maybe i should refuse the offer and ask solicitor to ask his insurence to up the offer to include his success fee?

Comment

You are on a loser here you have accepted the offer signed the Solicitors Contract you have to pay up

Or try to fight them.They will get the money

Comment

A bird in the hand my friend.
                  Attached Files
                  “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

You won Did your true damages equate to £2,000 AND did the 3rd party admit liability before or after your solicitor became involved

Comment

Know i am going on a bit.But am i the only one who thinks this is wrong.
                      Solicitors get paid for there work by opponents insurence,then want 25% of my claim for taking a risk?

Doesnt sound right to me.

Comment

" Righty,
                        It didnt go to court it was sorted out between solicitor and insurance companies.
                        I got text from solicitor asking me if i would except 2000 pound offer.
                        The gentleman who crashed into me admitted straight away it was his fault,thats what i am trying to explain.There was no risk to solicitors my case ws won.

Comment

Right or wrong you could have done it without a Solicitor?

Comment

If the 3rd party admitted liability at the scene his insurer could have refused to indemnify him & I doubt your solicitor told them for that very reason. You on the other hand would probably have told them at the outset in mistaken belief you would be helping your claim to proceed without difficulty. AND despite what you say there is ALWAYS a risk when it comes to litigation Also what was your claim for, injury, vehicle damage??

Comment

I was looking for advice on how to challeng this fee.
                              My solicitor took no risks.
                              It was all paper work between insurance companies on what they should pay me in compensation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X