• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LIFESTYLE money. I got scammed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIFESTYLE money. I got scammed

A while ago now (2012) I got a phone call for the delightful people at lifestyle money. They were very helpful/convincing about my cc & Morg ppi that they said I must of taken out without knowing.
    Long story short is that I got stupidly blagged by them which is very unlike me. I gave them 2 amounts on my credit card. One for the cc ppi other for the Morg ppi. They said that they would put another dedicated team on it and get more back for me this way. I got all the info and forms I needed to fill out from them. I filled most out but kinda knew that it was a scam so never did send them off.
    Im just kinda wanting to know where I stand with maybe getting my money back which is around the £750 mark I seem to remember. I feel so stupid for being sucked in.
    Yours hopefully john

Re: LIFESTYLE money. I got scammed

Hi and welcome, have you been contacted by any other company as Lifestyle Money went into administration ?

You may be able to make a S75 claim against the CC company.

Comment

Hi. Thanks so much for the reply.
      No I've not been contacted since. So I would have to go down the cc company way and not the so called company. Would I be able to claim even tho is was over 2 years ago?

Comment

Yes you can still claim, either ring or write to CC co and ask for the claim form s75,

Comment

You sat you paid around £750? Typically Lifestyle took an 'admistration' fee of around £300 and then an additional 'priority service' fee of about £600. It may be that you paid 2 x administration fees.

For the purposes of a sec 75 claim it's important that we establish what fees you paid as they require different supporting documentation which we may be able to help you with.

Do you have any lifestyle paperwork? Also can you find out exactly what you paid and when?

Comment

There is one problem with this. I can't even remember which cc I paid with. I'm a card tart and swap my balances over when needed. Is there any way of finding out also I will probs of canceled the account too who I paid lifestyle with. Oops

Comment

For a section 75 claim I don't think it matters if the account is closed.

Does your name appear in the list of creditors that appears sideways in this document?
              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X