• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneybarn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneybarn

I financed a car through moneybarn in 2010, two years ago I started getting into difficulty due to my marriage breaking down. I ended up moving and I contacted Moneybarn to let them know of my change of address. I'd agreed to make up the missing couple of payments, then at the end of 2012, I also lost my job. I let them know that I'd lost my job and they then started reposession against me as I wasn't able to make any payments. The car was repossessed in Apr/May 2013, they came round to pick the car up. I was expecting to hear back from them after selling the car on. I heard nothing at all from them. Then a couple of days ago my boss spoke to me because he'd received an attachment of earnings order from the courts to do with me. I immediately contacted the court and found out it was all to do with Moneybarn. I'd received nothing from Moneybarn, or the courts! The court had the wrong address, they'd been sending everything to 37, not 47 on my road. I've got to pay £155 to them to try and get it sorted at their end, which I can't afford really, would I get this back?
    Also Moneybarn claim they'd been sending letters to myself for ages, but they have been sending them to my old address. They are claiming I never contacted them with the new address, to which my response was, yes I did and if I hadn't then why did your agents pick the car up from my address.

I really need some help with this one urgently as I can't leave it too long because of the courts...
    Tags: None

Re: Moneybarn

Can't help on the big issue, but experience has taught me that it is best to get everything from them in writing, including confirmation that they have received anything regarding your whereabouts. They don;t seem to like committing themselves to paper for one reason or another -am I a sceptic - yes, best of luck getting them to prove they have done what they say.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X