• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

someoneelse vs GoDebt.co.uk the battle commences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: someoneelse vs GoDebt.co.uk the battle commences

Hiya, I don't think that you have actually scared them off, more like trying to wind you up again. Don't call them at all, personally I would write re-iterrating what you have said in the previous letter about how much you can afford, and that you will only deal with them in writing, and see what comes back.
    Good luck hun and keep us posted please.

Comment

Hello Someoneelse,

First of all let me assure you it is highly unlikely this will lead to bankruptcy proceedings, especially if you take the advice given. Now I dont want to lead you into a false sense of security but I do know people who have been made bankrupt by this shower. So the reality is there. Sadly those who were made bankrupt were very foolish to not face their debts or sort the wrong legal advice.

One of these victims was actually a moderator from CAG. Bet you guys didn't know that. :tinysmile_aha_t:

Anyway back on track. Now to make someone bankrupt is very expensive and usually is the last resource. Also a judge is reluctant to make someone bankrupt if they can show that they can pay in any way. The fact you are willing to pay the debt and fill in an income form as advised here is why I say it is highly unlikely bankruptcy will happen.

Unfortunately its a tactic that Godebt use. Instead of being a bit more diplomatic they go for the throat. This comes as no surprise to me after dealing with their MD for the last 3 years. Thats another story and one day I'm sure I will meet up with Crackersuit.

In answer to your £750 question its a yes. If you bring down the debt below that figure then that will immediately cancel any bankruptcy petition. I would not worry about this tbh as the income form should do the trick.

Summing up dont worry about the bankruptcy, providing you take this advice its not going to happen. Hope this helps for now.

Comment

Any update on this ?

Comment

Hi, are there updates on this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X