• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking on private land discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking on private land discussion

Have you ever thought about applying common courtesy to the landowner and other car park users and simply paying the fee due to your selfish driving? Rather than having the busy courts time wasted on a moaning individual, purely because you got caught applying utter selfishness, why not save tax payers and the operatives money and pay what you clearly owe?
    Tags: None

Re: parking eye county claim

Originally posted by RICKY PRIOR(HELPLESSLIAR) View Post
    Have you ever thought about applying common courtesy to the landowner and other car park users and simply paying the fee due to your selfish driving? Rather than having the busy courts time wasted on a moaning individual, purely because you got caught applying utter selfishness, why not save tax payers and the operatives money and pay what you clearly owe?
    Are you sure your not a troll working on behalf of PE?

Comment

I own my own business.......I don't agree with selfish drivers, inconveniencing others and trying to squirm their way out of responsibility. Maybe I'm old school, but if I make a mistake or selfishly cause someone else a problem, I apply adult consciousness and pay my dues.

Comment

I own my own business.......I don't agree with selfish drivers, inconveniencing others and trying to squirm their way out of responsibility. Maybe I'm old school, but if I make a mistake or selfishly cause someone else a problem, I apply adult consciousness and pay my dues.
        What you do not appear to realise is that many of the companies operating private parking companies used to operate clamping firms, which were outlawed by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. One firm had its tow trucks seized by Trading Standards and the police and its directors are currently guests of H.M. Prison Service for Blackmail and Fraud. The manner in which a lot of PPCs operate could be described as "highly questionable" and "legally questionable". The main issue with landowners is that they feel the law does not apply to them or that if they use PPCs, the law cannot touch them. Sorry, but the law can touch them and their pet PPC. The law has unbelievably long arms.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Oh I do realize. I am aware of the law and I am aware, as a landowner, the only way I can stop unwanted vehicles parking on my land is to engage the services of a private company.

Comment

Oh I do realize. I am aware of the law and I am aware, as a landowner, the only way I can stop unwanted vehicles parking on my land is to engage the services of a private company.
            Obviously not. Perhaps when the PPC fouls up and you get sued because of their actions, you might then realise using private parking companies isn't such a good idea. Also, if they interfere with and/or damage vehicles, you won't be able to avoid being held responsible for the damage or interference.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X