• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce Court Fees and Forms - as at July 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce Court Fees and Forms - as at July 2014

Petition for Divorce - Court Fee £410
    Form D8 ( http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...s/d008-eng.pdf ) - Guidance for completing form D8 - ( http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...-notes-eng.pdf )

Financial orders
    • Application for a financial order, other than by consent. £255
    • Application by consent for a financial order. £50

If you are on a low income or certain benefits you may be eligible for fee remission - EX160 form ( http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u..._forms_id=4396 )

Respondent
    Agree with divorce - Free
    Disagree with divorce - £245
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Divorce Court Fees and Forms - as at July 2014

The video below should help explain the above in relation to divorce:

"Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi, I am a little confused here. I left my spouse ten weeks ago and returned to Britain. Prior to that we had been sharing the marital home abroad for over 12 years. He has now engaged some fantastically expensive lawyers to petition me for divorce. I am very happy to be divorced from him but I am sure we are not going to agree upon the division of property. Be that as it may, I have received a letter from his lawyers telling me that they have filed a petition which is shortly to be issued by the court and served on me. If I understand the above correctly then it will cost me £245 to point out that neither of us have been living in England or Wales for the preceding 12 months, but it will cost me nothing if I allow his solicitors to break the rules?

Comment

You only need one of you to be living in the UK at the time the petition is filed - are you British and were you married here or abroad ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

We are both British and were married in Britain. Since I returned to Britain only 70 days ago, I think he has to wait another 42 weeks before he can legally petition for divorce, and only then if I am still in Britain. Either that or he has to move here. Or he has to get a foreign divorce?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X