• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance / FOS Complaint Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance / FOS Complaint Letter

I have various ongoing complaints with Welcome / FOS in which some have been resolved but others have not, in respect of a Secured loan taken out in November 2003.

One of the complaints was in respect of a discrepancy in loan amounts mentioned on statements in which apparently was due to migration of IT system error and the matter has now been clarified and FOS were advised.

I still had an outstanding issue regarding refund of added amounts and interest, in respect of some irregular payments that appeared on my statements in which Welcome were unable to clarify and redress of costs / time and effort.

This morning I have received the attached letter from FOS and wondered if anyone else has received the same.

Sorry to sound stupid but I also would appreciate if any experts on this site could kindly have a look and advise if this will now affect my ongoing complaint including my other Payment Protection Insurance mis-selling issue.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bazza; 25th July 2014, 12:35:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance / FOS Complaint Letter

No I haven't, looks like they are getting away with things again
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
      No I haven't, looks like they are getting away with things again
      That's why I wanted to post it up. Does not sound good !

Sorry to sound a tad stupid but will this now screw up my PPI complaint that has been with FOS since early 2013 ? Cannot believe that FOS state that this was something Welcome had only recently advised them ! :mad2::mad2:
      Last edited by Bazza; 25th July 2014, 12:44:PM.

Comment

No success from the underwriters then?
        On my original documents I have Norwich Union (Aviva) as underwriters and I did get something back (eventually).
        The other company mentioned were Direct Group who did not want to know.
        As I said before when I took mine to FOS all Welcome wanted us to do was to sign a new agreement which we refused to do.
        It seems to be ok for them to harass you and add on extortionate charges but another when it is they that own you money.:mad2:

Comment

No success from the underwriters then?
          On my original documents I have Norwich Union (Aviva) as underwriters and I did get something back (eventually).
          The other company mentioned were Direct Group who did not want to know.
          As I said before when I took mine to FOS all Welcome wanted us to do was to sign a new agreement which we refused to do.
          It seems to be ok for them to harass you and add on extortionate charges but another when it is they that own you money.:mad2:
          Complaint still with FOS re Norwich Union / Aviva. I had already tried Direct group but same as you they didn't want to know.

All very frustrating - Do I still carry on making monthly contractual payments ?

Comment

We'll I haven't paid them for just over five years now!
            Last letter was almost two months ago they still did not " prove" that there was any account !

:clock:

Comment

We'll I haven't paid them for just over five years now!
              Last letter was almost two months ago they still did not " prove" that there was any account !

:clock:
              Sorry to ask dogtired but was your loan secured ? Or is there a thread that I can read up on involving your details ?

Cheers

Comment

We did have one at a former address and yes I do have a thread and joined in a few more.
                When I did an SDAR they only supplied copies of the documents from our former address on that and a statement supplied recently did not match.
                They admitted themselves it was unenforceable as did our very good CAB, he said when I was worried about a threatened court action, " let them take you to court we have enough evidence to prove that this alleged account is irretrievably unenforeable"
                Sorry cannot link the thread on this device but just look through the pages just on LB on Cattles.
                Lately they have got two different Collection Agencys involved, the first who appeared to be some sort of law firms took a CCA fee from me and then Welcome paid that into the alleged remainder.
                Just about two years ago we stated getting harassed from Mackenzie Hall who again have supplied documents that differ in dates, the latest again threated to recommence collection activity and that we HAD to contact them by the 7th of July.
                Nothing as yet!
                Each thread I read about them they seem to treat in a different manner, only you can decide what your action should be.

Comment

We did have one at a former address and yes I do have a thread and joined in a few more.
                  When I did an SDAR they only supplied copies of the documents from our former address on that and a statement supplied recently did not match.
                  They admitted themselves it was unenforceable as did our very good CAB, he said when I was worried about a threatened court action, " let them take you to court we have enough evidence to prove that this alleged account is irretrievably unenforeable"
                  Sorry cannot link the thread on this device but just look through the pages just on LB on Cattles.
                  Lately they have got two different Collection Agencys involved, the first who appeared to be some sort of law firms took a CCA fee from me and then Welcome paid that into the alleged remainder.
                  Just about two years ago we stated getting harassed from Mackenzie Hall who again have supplied documents that differ in dates, the latest again threated to recommence collection activity and that we HAD to contact them by the 7th of July.
                  Nothing as yet!
                  Each thread I read about them they seem to treat in a different manner, only you can decide what your action should be.
                  Ok cheers again dogtired and I will have a look through threads.

g/l

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X