• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd - County court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement Ltd - County court claim

Hello, I've just joined as my father has received a claim form from Northampton County Court ref a breach of contract (from February 2012!) with Civil Enforcement Ltd, date of service 11/07/14. I'm sorting it out as it was actually me that was driving that day and I overstayed 12mins on the 2 hours that you get free. I originally followed the earlier 'ignore' advice on other forums but after reading a couple of threads on here upon receipt of the claim I acknowledged the service to the court and emailed Steve Murrells at the Co-op on 16/07/14. My worry is that I've not received a reply from Steve or anyone at the Co-op since and I've now only got 14 days before I have to defend the claim.

Any help on this would be much appreciated as I don't want anything to affect my dad anymore as he's just retired and he's becoming more than a little anxious about maybe having to go to court. Should I tell Civil Enforcement that it was me driving?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Civil Enforcement Ltd - County court claim

Post everything up that you have without personal details. Claim formss, notices , pics of signs etc

Especially interested in any assignment from CEL to a company called DEAL.

M1

Comment

Unfortunately, legislation now puts the onus on the owner, not the driver.
      I had a set too with Civil Enforcement and did not pay them a penny.
      Email the Co-Op Food CEO steve.murrells@co-operative.coop and at least you have a date and time stamp to prove you have not ignored it.
      Ask him to show you any loss that Co-Op Food have suffered as a result of you overstaying by such a short time.
      Keep any receipt for shopping that you have done.
      Waste of time telling Civil Enforcement anything.
      They are only interested in money.
      As mystery1 says, we need to see details of claim etc:
      “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
        Unfortunately, legislation now puts the onus on the owner, not the driver.
        Not for a February 2012 claim it doesn't

M1

Comment

Post everything up that you have without personal details. Claim formss, notices , pics of signs etc

Especially interested in any assignment from CEL to a company called DEAL.

M1

Hi M1

The only paperwork I have is the court papers, as attached. Anything previous to this was just ignored and disposed of I think as it's been so long. I don't have any pictures of the signs either sorry, the car park isn't too far from where I live so I could get some but I'm not sure if they would have been changed in the last 2 and a half years. I don't recall ever seeing anything from DEAL either.

Thanks for your help
          Attached Files

Comment

You've left your dads name on the AOS form.

I'm off to work now.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              Not for a February 2012 claim it doesn't

M1
              I stand corrected, well actually I'm sitting down.
              “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

M1: Should I have just changed the name on the court papers without informing CEL that it was me driving?

Johnnyboy: I sent an email to Steve Murrells on the 16/07/2014 and I've received no reply, should I send another?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SharonMc View Post
                  M1: Should I have just changed the name on the court papers without informing CEL that it was me driving?

Johnnyboy: I sent an email to Steve Murrells on the 16/07/2014 and I've received no reply, should I send another?

thanks
                  Certainly would help, but mark this one urgent. Keep a copy.
                  Send a copy to the former chairman Euan Sutherland and request that he pass it on to the relevant person.
                  euan.sutherland@co-operative.coop
                  Also print copies and take them to your local co-op and give them to the manager and request that he pass them to the relevant person.
                  Don't forget to log the manager's name, time and date as well.
                  It may also help if you tell him that you and your many friends are going to boycott the co-op if this isn't sorted out, and you will contact the local press.
                  Sometimes this works wonders.
                  The co-op are not exactly doing very well at the moment.
                  Good luck
                  Last edited by Johnboy007; 25th July 2014, 18:31:PM.

Comment

Will do thanks very much for your help

Comment

Will do thanks very much for your help
                      You are very welcome.......
                      Another tactic you could try, is to tell the manager you are going to organise a demonstration outside the store entrance on Saturdays, their busiest day, and you will warn drivers not to enter because of the parking regulations, and exorbitant charges imposed on paying customers, for very minor infringements.
                      Tell him you will do this every Saturday and Sunday until you get your case squashed.

Comment

Let's hope it doesn't get that far johnnyboy but I'll definitely keep it in mind

Comment

M1: Should I have just changed the name on the court papers without informing CEL that it was someone else driving?

thanks

No. Your dad can use it in his defence. I would even delete any reference to who the driver actually was as well

Comment

Hi it's me again, we've received a reply from the Coop and they have agreed to pay civil enforcement direct yay This can take up to 10 days though and as the date of service was 11/07/14 and I sent the acknowledgment of service through on the 25/07/14 I'm wondering if I should contact the court to let them know about it being paid direct?!

Thanks

Sharon

Comment

What date is your defence due ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X