• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Phoenix Collection and Hillingdon Council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Collection and Hillingdon Council

hi guys i need some help please,

This is a case of mistaken identity that no one want's to admit it might have happened.

They are pursuing me for a council tax debt in Hillingdon from 2007-2008 for a person who has almost the same name as mine

On the date of July the first 2014 i received a removal notice through my letter box from Phoenix Commercial
    stating that i owed them £937.89.

The removal notice that contained just a name MR Foster, no first name and no break down of the debt.

I must mention that this is the first time i was contacted about this debt.

I have never ever heard before about this and i have never had the chance to prove my innocence.

I called the debt collection agency and they advised me it was a debt from LB Hillingdon
    and i need to pay the full amount otherwise i will have goods removed even if i'm not home.

I called Hillingdon and tried to explain the situation.
    They were very unhelpful and rude and didn't want to advise me about anything apart that they wanted the money.

I have asked on several occasions to talk to a Senior Revenue Officer or recovery team but i was refused every single time.

I think i must have called them 20-30 times to sort the situation and

at some point i had 2 advisors confirming me that the proof I've sent them is enough and i won't face any further action.

I must mention that i provided several documents with my name and address
    some coming from Romania to prove i have worked in a choir there but their motivation is that being a musician i could have traveled a lot.

I have tried out to find where they found my name and address and they told me Experian provided all the information including my date of birth.

Experian is denying that they ever sold any personal data as that will be against data protection and they are investigating this matter.

On July the 24th i was contacted by a manager of Hillingdon Council after i insisted to talk to someone higher.
    She asked me some questions that i didn't fully understand as English is not my first language
    and sometime when i'm under pressure i can't concentrate fully to what people are saying
    and i was tending for my son who has chicken pox as well and

we ended up in an argument her telling me i'm a liar and me calling them bullies.

My birth name is .M.P-U i'm a native Romanian.

The persons they are looking for is a M P who lived in Hillingdon in 2007-2008.

In Romania my surname can be interpreted in 3 ways as we have diacritics.

I have been called on the 24 th of July 2014 by the office Phoenix Collection
    and threatened that they are going to come after me as i'm a liar and they are going to take everything that i owe.

In my despair i have offered them to pay £20 a month till i get this case to the Valuation Tribunal services but they are no accepting anything.

I have logged complaints to Hillingdon, Phoenix, Local gov Ombudsman but no one really heard my case.
    All they are saying is i need to pay the money and that's it.

I have been living under constant stress and harassment since July 2014.

Every single time i hear a noise outside and someone knocks on the door i start shaking and can't stop.

I've attended my GP and i have been prescribed anxiety medication.

I had to have days off from the school i'm working to guard my house and i'm having nightmares constantly that
    my door is going to be knocked and my 6 years old will be scared to death.

I have been constantly threatened and bullied to admit that i'm the person they are looking for
    and every time i keep on telling my name that is M P-U they say i'm admitting i'm the person they are looking for.

What more can i do to stop them?
    Tags: None

Re: Phoenix Collection and Hillingdon Council

Where did you live in 2007-2008? Do you live in Hillingdon now?

Comment

I lived in Romania at my parents house. I never ever lived in Hillingdon. I lived in Dacorum since i came in Uk 2010

Comment

Do you have any proof of when you first came to the UK, please excuse my lack of knowledge of procedures but did you have to have a Visa of some description?

Comment

No worries. Thank you for trying to help me. I so not have any visas or stamp on the passport as Romania entered in the European union in 2007 and border since then do not put anything on the passports. I provided them with a payslip for april 2008 and from an institution in Romania called work teritorial inspectorate i brought proof that in between 2001-2010 i worked in Romania as a soprano in a choir but they won't accept any of that on the basis that i am a musician and i could have travelled a lot and there for i could have had a house in uk as well.

Comment

Have they provided details of the Liability Order and/or proof of your residency within Hillingdon? From a quick look it seems as if Hillingdon have outsourced some of their back office functions to Capita, this makes me wonder if you have been speaking to a Council employee as Capita are known for not being cooperative.

Comment

I have never ever received any liability order, court order, i have asked several times to speak with recovery team or a supervisor but i was told from their point of view i was liable and that was it. I have never had the chance to see the original bill and if the bailiffs didn't come to my door i would have never been aware about this situation. The bailiffs never sent me a letter regarding this. They just put £310 on top of the debt for attending my house, but no onw knocked at the door, we just got removal notices and they took our car's registration number and they said they are going to remove the car although i did mention it is hire purchase in my emails to the Phoenix Collection

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X