• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

newlyns pressurized my brother to pay 350 for disputed parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: newlyns pressurized my brother to pay 350 for disputed parking fine

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/court-judge...al-records.htm

Comment

I t'inks you split hairs!
      Speeding is a nonrecordable offence and so, although the offence may be on your licence for a little while you can lose it by applying for a new licence in due course. Hardly a criminal record and anyway this discussion is going off topic which is not good for OP:focus:

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        I t'inks you split hairs!
        Speeding is a nonrecordable offence and so, although the offence may be on your licence for a little while you can lose it by applying for a new licence in due course. Hardly a criminal record and anyway this discussion is going off topic which is not good for OP:focus:
        Yep and yep!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
          Where does this come from.

Speeding is a crime.

Pretty straightforward.

The maximum penalty varies according to the offence, but it is still a crime.

And a criminal record is never erased, depending on the sentence, convictions generally become "spent" after a specified period. The effect of that is that, for most purposes, they do not need to be declared although for some, e.g. professions such as law, medicine etc, they never become spent.

Speeding, for example, is a criminal offence under s89 of The Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. If you're convicted of an offence, you have a criminal record - it is that straightforward.

A fixed penalty is not a conviction - it is offered as an alternative to prosecution.
          Hi Steve,
          I got this from the .gov.uk web site.
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Where does this come from.

Speeding is a crime.

Pretty straightforward.

The maximum penalty varies according to the offence, but it is still a crime.

And a criminal record is never erased, depending on the sentence, convictions generally become "spent" after a specified period. The effect of that is that, for most purposes, they do not need to be declared although for some, e.g. professions such as law, medicine etc, they never become spent.

Speeding, for example, is a criminal offence under s89 of The Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. If you're convicted of an offence, you have a criminal record - it is that straightforward.

A fixed penalty is not a conviction - it is offered as an alternative to prosecution.
            Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
            Hi Steve,
            I got this from the .gov.uk web site.

It does start, "Where does this come from?"

I say well done for ensuring accurate information.

I also say, well done for a gentle reminder information like this should always be sourced.

Comment

I can't see it on the gov.uk website (not checking up on you it just sounded a bit of an odd thing for the gov.uk website to say)

The Gov.uk website has https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties and on Minor Motoring Offences ( https://www.gov.uk/stopped-by-police...oring-offences )speeding is not listed

3. Minor motoring offences

The police can give you a ‘fixed penalty notice’ for less serious traffic offences, eg for:

careless or inconsiderate driving
              using a mobile phone while driving
              not wearing a seat belt
              driving too close to another vehicle

You can be fined up to £100 and get penalty points on your licence if you get a fixed penalty notice - you may be disqualified from driving if you build up 12 points within 3 years.

The police can also decide to:

take no action
              issue a warning
              offer driver training
              charge you with an offence

You can choose not to pay the fixed penalty if you believe that it was given unjustly, but you’ll have to argue your case in court.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

You will find lots of info here:https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...iew-phase2.pdf
                and here:https://www.gov.uk/government/public...gulations-2003
                and here:http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/2823/made

there is no doubt about non recordable offences.

OP's original question was: "Does a speeding ticket come undeR CRIMINAL FINES since its a crime albeit a motoring one?"
                The answer is "yes" as it links to an original statement in post 5 :"
                6inally I have court fine for speeding I forgot to pay."

Don't pay a FPN and it goes to court and becomes a fine.
                No question asked about a criminal record.

Comment

Only road traffic offences which carry a custodial sentence are classed as criminal offences. All other road traffic offences are classed as non-crime offences.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                    You will find lots of info here:https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...iew-phase2.pdf
                    and here:https://www.gov.uk/government/public...gulations-2003
                    and here:http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/2823/made

there is no doubt about non recordable offences.

OP's original question was: "Does a speeding ticket come undeR CRIMINAL FINES since its a crime albeit a motoring one?"
                    The answer is "yes" as it links to an original statement in post 5 :"
                    6inally I have court fine for speeding I forgot to pay."

Don't pay a FPN and it goes to court and becomes a fine.
                    No question asked about a criminal record.
                    What this corrupt and discredited government is trying to do is slide in Code Napoleon (Napoleonic Law, where the defendant is guilty until proven innocent.) which puts them in breach of international law applicable to human rights. FPNs are a tool of Code Napoleon.

Comment

I can't be bothered arguing the obvious (esp as it is irrelevant to the OP) - if you are convicted of a criminal offence then it is a crime. It couldn't be more obvious.

The section of the RTRA I mentioned says if you exceed the speed limit you are guilty of an offence. How in the name of all that is holy can you be convicted in a criminal court of an offence which is then a non-crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        I can't see it on the gov.uk website (not checking up on you it just sounded a bit of an odd thing for the gov.uk website to say)

The Gov.uk website has https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties and on Minor Motoring Offences ( https://www.gov.uk/stopped-by-police...oring-offences )speeding is not listed
                        Boss Lady checking up on me for sure.....
                        I may have got it from another advice site...
                        But I did copy the text.........
                        It states,

There are three types of motoring offence, Minor, Major and Hybrid.

Minors (ignoring signs, speeding, etc) do not carry a criminal record, Majors and Some hybrids do. For example D&D is a criminal offence for which you can be chucked in jail, and is time served (ie no longer counts as a criminal record) after 10 years.

In general you should reveal ALL items (inc speeding) unless specifically not asked for. Some checking (ie for security clearance or for public positions like child care, taxi license etc will reveal speeding offences (and local police cautions), and they may come back to you and say "why didnt you mention this"?

I think it was something to do with Car Insurance declarations.
                        Well Boss Lady, I do have an excuse......
                        I'm old
                        “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

I can't be bothered arguing the obvious (esp as it is irrelevant to the OP) - if you are convicted of a criminal offence then it is a crime. It couldn't be more obvious.

The section of the RTRA I mentioned says if you exceed the speed limit you are guilty of an offence. How in the name of all that is holy can you be convicted in a criminal court of an offence which is then a non-crime.
                          The applicable legislation will or should specify the mode of trial - summary, indictment or either - and venue for trial.

Comment

Schedule 2 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 defines the mode of trial and maximum penalty for most traffic offences.

s89 offences (speeding) are triable summarily (ie in magistrates court only) and have a maximum fine at level 3 on the standard scale together with points and a discretionary disqualification.

It is a crime.

Whilst I had given up, I do think it is important that information on here is accurate,

Comment

Quite a debate raging and it seems that as it is a criminal offence there can be a potential for marstons/newlyns etc to force entry. Is that correct? Tad confused!

Comment

Yes, it is the fact that it is a fine imposed by a criminal court rather than any other sort of debt which affects the enforcement powers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X