• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PLEASE READ!! in need of urgent advice! re old PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE READ!! in need of urgent advice! re old PPI

Firstly. Thanks for taking time to read. What a great site I wish had found it years ago and it may have helped avoid my home being reposessed.

To briefly outline, I have potentially got 4 PPI@-claims but they are mainly from about 2002. One of these I think have NO HOPE as it isppi on a repaid mortgage with 0bradford and Bingley. One of these I think I have LITTLE to NO HOPE as its ppi on a credit card which I queried at the time as I was working for mysself at the time which I thought made claiming futile. However I got behind on repayments and the debt was bought by another company, Robinson Way. Cred card was Capital One.

The third. I thought was VERY HOPEFUL that is until I read posts on this forum albeit date written was pre 2011. This is ppi paid on a car loan with Chartered Trust which I believe was acquired by Black Horse Finance. I have original paperwork and was told at the time that I could not get the loan unless I took their ppi. I had asked if I could take out ppi with another firm as I felt it excessive.

Finally the last one was also with Blackhorse Finance. It was around same time but I cannot find the papers on this as I lost a lot of my property when I was repossessed.

So I need to know what my chances are and whether a xlaim handling company may be more successful as I have two young children and am a single mum with little time to hound and persist with this matter. I am however in a depressing amount of debt which I am being chased by bailliffs etc and would really benefit from winning a payout as would my kids who've been through hell and back and never had a holiday and at 7 and 4 years old are starting to wonder why all their other friends get holidays and day trips when they only get a day out on their birthday! Sorry the last bit isn't relevant I know but just to state how important this is.

Re: PLEASE READ!! in need of urgent advice! re old PPI

Sarah, try not to worry; one of the brains on here will be along soon to advise.

In the meantime; here is a big hug.:_tighthug__by_darkm

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Thanks so much. That was. A quick reply, wasn't expecting that! Can u offer me honest constructive criticism? Will it be read or did I waffle too much? I do have tendency to over explain things!

Comment

Ha, ha; this is not a BBC2 late night programme with a load of English Lit. Don’s warbling on about overuse of apostrophes!:confused2:
        You just tell it as it is. We are real people. I am the worst rambler in the world especially when I get on my ranting high horse.
        You have come to the right place and if any of the legal brains say something you do not understand do not be afraid to ask them to explain. I have no legal knowledge and some of the terms I hear bandied around on here are as tricky as the ‘off side rule’ so I always have to ask for ‘layman’s’ terms!!!:nerd:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

Hi,
          You could try writing to the companies and requesting information about any PPI you had with them at that time.
          I am not a data protection whizz kid, but I'm sure some-one will point you in the right direction.
          It sounds like your having a rough time of it, and we have all been down that road at some point in our lives.
          I wish you luck and hopefully a payout, so you can enjoy life for a while. xx
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X