• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance SAR Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance SAR Help

I sent a SAR to Welcome Finance and they responded within the 40 days but there was various information missing. So I contacted Welcome requesting details or an explanation as to why they cannot be provided.

Anyway I received a Final Response reply yesterday in which they apologise and due to an internal error some of the information was not originally submitted but now has. Also they quote that any documents that are no longer stored have been securely disposed of - should they have provided some sort of recording confirming this ?

Welcome finally state in the letter that they are sorry that I only received part of my DSAR and that details were unclear and for that reason they have upheld my complaint but if not satisfied with their response I have six months to refer complaint to FOS.

Sorry for what maybe some stupid questions but what next ? If complaint has been upheld am I entitled to any compensation for time and effort etc involved ? If so do I reply requesting this or do I report Welcome to ICO and submit a complaint to FOS in respect of failure to comply with DPA ?

Any comments would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance SAR Help

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
    I sent a SAR to Welcome Finance and they responded within the 40 days but there was various information missing. So I contacted Welcome requesting details or an explanation as to why they cannot be provided.

Anyway I received a Final Response reply yesterday in which they apologise and due to an internal error some of the information was not originally submitted but now has. Also they quote that any documents that are no longer stored have been securely disposed of - should they have provided some sort of recording confirming this ?

Welcome finally state in the letter that they are sorry that I only received part of my DSAR and that details were unclear and for that reason they have upheld my complaint but if not satisfied with their response I have six months to refer complaint to FOS.

Sorry for what maybe some stupid questions but what next ? If complaint has been upheld am I entitled to any compensation for time and effort etc involved ? If so do I reply requesting this or do I report Welcome to ICO and submit a complaint to FOS in respect of failure to comply with DPA ?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Well I was going to start a new thread but as it is in relation to my SAR / Account complaint, I will continue this thread as this complaint was eventually passed to FOS.

Today I received the attached response from yet another FOS adjudicator (that's six now)

My original complaint was for witholding information in which was eventually received after numerous requests.

Lack of statements, NSOA letters and when statements sent incorrect amounts showing due to IT hitch in Welcomes systems. Therefore figures including added interest incorrect.

I know that I was not part of the scheme as my loan was pre 2005 (Nov 2003) but was GISC regulated as had this confirmed by FOS / Welcome, so I find the latest comments irrelevant and feel that my complaint has not been investigated properly.

It has taken FOS nearly two years to come to this decision and they have stated that I have until 26 March 2016 to respond regarding referral to the Ombudsman.

If I am missing something or mis-understanding comments please can someone kindly advise.

Thank-you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Amethyst; 15th March 2016, 21:30:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X