• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

need help with marstons bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with marstons bailiffs

hi everybody... i just like to say this is my first ever blog group i have joined, new at this please handle gently. i have an issue with marston bailiffs. i have last week received a notice visit from marstons who billed me amount of £3000.00 pounds, regarding child maintenance. it has come out of the blue. does anyone know how to deal or set up a payment plan in a civilized manner with these hungry hippo bailiffs. please i need help i am a newbie at all of this thankyou everyone before hand. jzk
    Tags: None

Re: need help with marstons bailiffs

Hungry Hippos? Please don't compare Marstons to an innocent children's game. Lol!

First things first. Do you owe any Child Maintenance? It would also help us to help you if you could provide some more background.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

hi blue bottle thankyou for your quick response. quick background 2008 my ex and i split up few years later csa sent me a big fine, i requested a breakdown and understood foul play on their calculations regarding estimated earnings ... they went court got a liability order and now marstons is threatening to break door down on next visit. i want to set up a payment plan but they asking for silly amounts what do i do ...your time and help is appreciated... jzk

Comment

How much do they want how much can you offer is there room for a compromise ?

You would need to do an income and expenditure sheet to try and reduce it to the level you can afford.

Comment

Thank you, Updates.

Did the CSA tell you they were going to court to obtain a Liability Order? If you suspect irregularities with the CSA's calculations and conduct, you might wish to contact your MP about taking a complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO). Also, the CSA, being a public authority within the meaning of Section 6, Human Rights Act 1998, must not do anything which is in breach of your rights under Part 1 of Schedule 1 of the Act, essentially, the European Convention on Human Rights. Marstons, being the CSA's contractor is subject to the Act as well.

If the CSA has undermined or deprived you of or restricted your right to a fair hearing (Article 6), in respect of their obtaining a Liability Order, that is unlawful, particularly if they sent you no notice they were going to obtain it. Also, Marstons know they cannot demand amounts that an alleged debtor cannot realistically afford without having their actions brought into question. If they won't engage and the CSA bury their heads in the sand by referring you back to Marstons, this is why you need to contact your MP as a matter of priority.

Comment

Hi, sorry I've only just seen this. You should go tho the Magistrates Court and apply for a Statutory Declaration. This is your chance to tell the court you were unaware of any proceedings against you and you had no chance to defend yourself. It should overturn the judgment against you, but they may well bring it to court again.

This is covered under Section 14 of he Magistrates Court Act 1980 and covers you as long as you received no written communication. You should then at least get chance for a Means Enquiry Hearing where your means are looked at.

To warn you, the system is a little stacked against you. Here's a link to a very biased site:

http://www.deadbeatdadsassociation.c...es/Page437.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post
              Hi, sorry I've only just seen this. You should go tho the Magistrates Court and apply for a Statutory Declaration. This is your chance to tell the court you were unaware of any proceedings against you and you had no chance to defend yourself. It should overturn the judgment against you, but they may well bring it to court again.

This is covered under Section 14 of he Magistrates Court Act 1980 and covers you as long as you received no written communication. You should then at least get chance for a Means Enquiry Hearing where your means are looked at.

To warn you, the system is a little stacked against you. Here's a link to a very biased site:

http://www.deadbeatdadsassociation.c...es/Page437.htm
              What is on the site you have linked to is not without foundation. I am aware of cases of lawbreaking, some of them blatant and/or serious, on the part of CSA and DWP officials. In one case, a DWP/JCP official told a claimant to lie in a job application that would have rendered both the claimant and prospective employer liable to prosecution. The DWP/JCP official has since been dismissed for Gross Misconduct over the matter.

Comment

Indeed - that's why I didn't mind linking to it.

Comment

The CSA is now defunct,,it is now called the Child Maintenance Service and they have far more powers as you have found out.
                  https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance...t-what-happens

Did you follow up the 'over estimates' with CSA?
                  Are you paying maintenance now? If so,is it on a private arrangement?
                  Have you received anything from CSA/CMS since you got the breakdown of figures?
                  Have you moved address?
                  Was the 3k a fine? Or was it arrears?
                  Can't help you re Marstons,,others are more qualified to help you there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X