• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement Agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enforcement Agent

Just a letter at the moment, no call at my house, it was so long ago I think it was 90 quid if I paid with the allocated dates but I was appealing, so did not pay, you mention sending a letter to the LA, is this where it happened in Harrow - London or my LA in Doncaster? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah.Lou View Post
      Just a letter at the moment, no call at my house, it was so long ago I think it was 90 quid if I paid with the allocated dates but I was appealing, so did not pay, you mention sending a letter to the LA, is this where it happened in Harrow - London or my LA in Doncaster? Thanks for your help.
      You need to send for a detailed breakdown to the Enforcement Company, copied to the CEO and Head of Revenues at Harrow.

What date was this incurred?

You need to do the Statutory Declaration (Out of Time) above. If you phone the TEC they will send you the forms.

Comment

It was incurred 16.11.12... I will do all of the above as soon as, do I can't act the enforcement agent who is said to be calling too my house to tell him or write too them telling them of my plans? I'm on my nerve end waiting for the door to go....

Comment

Write to the LA and the Enforcement Company stating you're filing a Stat Dec (Out of Time) - phone first to make sure it is do-able after such a long time. See what the TEC say and post back. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

They are sending the forms too me, wanted hard copies rather than e-mailed, so I now send a letter to Newlyn informing them I am filling out these forms is that correct?
            when you mention sending a letter to the LA is this Harrow LA? This is where I got the notice from.... I really do appreciate your advice xx

Comment

Yes, send to Harrow as well if they are instructing the Enforcement Company requesting that enforcement action be placed on hold while your Stat Dec (Out of Time) is processed through the system.

What you are stating in the Stat Dec is that an earlier part of the enforcement process did not happen. It won't cancel the PCN, but will reduce it to the 50% discounted figure again. The matter is then referred back to the LA to decide what action they want to take. Of course if you decide to pay, it is all done and dusted, but you may not wish to do this. That has to be your decision.

Comment

I never received the pictures I requested too check the accuracy etc, but I will be willing to pay the reduced rate to get it sorted not the 544.04 they are asking, am I best sending the same copies of letter to both, what do I include in the letter? Just that I am filling out the stat dec forms?

Comment

When the bailiff calls, do not let him/her into your house.
                  Speak through the letter box, or through a window.
                  Even if he/she asks to use the toilet.
                  They do not have power of entry, unless they can show you a warrant (signed) from the court, authorising them entry.
                  If they have paperwork, do not accept it by hand, tell them to post it through your letterbox.
                  Just don't panic.........
                  aw:
                  “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

The decision as to whether or not to pay must be yours. There have clearly been errors, but only you can decide whether you want to fight these further.

The letters should state what you have done / are doing, the one to the LA should ask for immediate confirmation that all enforcement action be stopped pending the stat dec being processed. The one to the EA Company should state you've sent it and thus they should not visit while the stat dec is being processed (be prepared for them to totally ignore this, and ensure everything is in writing for the avoidance of doubt. This is important as you may need that proof further down the line.

Obviously if the EA does show up, try to record (Mobile phone) what happens, don't let them into your house and tell them clearly what you have done and that a Stat Dec effectively rewinds the clock back to before the enforcement stage, so they should not be there. Be persistent.

Alternatively, just don't open the door and make as though you are out.

Comment

I won't, my worry is I have a 15 yr old daughter, when I am at work she knows not too answer the door but she will be scared. I have sent for the forms and will be sending letters tomorrow telling them I have sent for the Stat Dec forms, hopefully this will delay/stop the bailiffs.

Comment

There were errors and to be honest the feisty female in me will fight to the bitter end, I asked foe information, that did not arrive, have not heard from anyone in at least 8/9 months then this, I pay my dues and accept blame, but do not appreciate this, I have written my letters, my friend will type them and keep copies and I will see ��

Comment

While you have a little time to play with, why not go to Pepipoo and ask their opinion with a link here? They ONLY do motoring offences and are excellent. It's free to join, so you have nothing to lose.

Comment

Sarah Lou - Before you go any further, contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre and ask them one simple question.

On what date was the warrant authorised?

When you have that information, come back and I will be in a better position to give advice
                            Last edited by Fair-Parking; 25th July 2014, 08:38:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair-Parking View Post
                              Sarah Lou - Before you go any further, contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre and ask them one simple question.

On what date was the warrant authorised?

When you have that information, come back and I will be in a better position to give advice
                              Hi Sarah Lou,

I think Fair parking has asked you to ask that as warrants last for a periods of 1 year from the date of issue. They can very occasionally be extended, however, the creditor must supply the Court with sufficient reason for such extension to be granted and (unless there are exceptional circumstances) apply before the warrant expires.

This is, of course, possibly very relevant in your case, and it's a very good question to phone and ask - still fill in the forms when you get them though for now.

Comment

Is it just a generic number for the traffic enforcement centre?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X