• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

orange mobile phone debt £1529 my sister gave me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: orange mobile phone debt £1529 my sister gave me

Attached Files
    Last edited by Kati; 29th December 2014, 14:23:PM.

Comment

From the letter above, It does look like the amount that wasn't on the bill was the early termination fee.

I'd wait for further input from Hurricane Puffrose since she is our mobile phones expert :yo: but it looks like you'll have to offer Lowell a monthly repayment proposal or else they may go to court and, unlike some of their other claims, it may be difficult to dispute this one.

Comment

could you please post up the line rental owed and when your contract was due to renew. also how long you had the contract.

dependant on the contract length and the amount of line rental. it could be the 439 is right which means that you have about £100 to query for "costs"

Comment

Attached Files
          Last edited by Kati; 29th December 2014, 14:20:PM.

Comment

Attached Files
            Last edited by Kati; 29th December 2014, 14:18:PM.

Comment

i have 5 more pages like this one all with monthly bill on, paid and perfect history till Sis day.
              what gets me is on my credit report the balance owed to orange even as of this year was £1090
              however the last dealings ive had with orange was march 2012 ? so are they still allowed to do this ?

Comment

Yonder, you've left your personal details on your photos, so I have asked if they can be edited to remove this for you

Comment

ahh thanks for that im an analog man in a digital world alas to trusting as well thats whats got me in this mess

Comment

hi to all again and thanks to those for there help ive now got lowell to agree to 800 full and final settlement my credit file marked as satisfied but they wont remove the default . im about to call them to pay is this the right thing or does the default still cock my credit file up ?

Comment

OK first of all £50 a month is a bit steep write lowell a letter regarding sections 5-7 of the consumer protections for unfair tradings 2008. Did you feel that Orange gave you the best deal at the time?. If not you could get them done for mis-selling of the product also phone orange and ask what minutes etc were included in the contract. Also do you have any paperwork for the contract?. Get a Copy were there any termination fees etc?. also contact the communications ombudsman and mention everything. They will investigate this any questions feel free to PM or get in contact with us.

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                        OK first of all £50 a month is a bit steep write lowell a letter regarding sections 5-7 of the consumer protections for unfair tradings 2008. Did you feel that Orange gave you the best deal at the time?. If not you could get them done for mis-selling of the product also phone orange and ask what minutes etc were included in the contract. Also do you have any paperwork for the contract?. Get a Copy were there any termination fees etc?. also contact the communications ombudsman and mention everything. They will investigate this any questions feel free to PM or get in contact with us.
                        unfort i ended up paying 800 with the agreement of marking my file as settled . however my file still hasnt changed yet but ive called and they have said it takes 50 days
                        so still cant get credit for a mars bar till that changes

Comment

Can you put some info regarding the bills up please. I would have got it down a bit more to be honest. Goodwill gesture etc 50 days just apply for a basic account. You'll get one of those.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X