• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn - behaving unlawfully!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlyn - behaving unlawfully!

Hi guys,

I really need some legal advice here.

I bought a car a few years ago and got a few tickets - said tickets have since expired.

Sold the car and during that time - the new wonder got a ticket in December 2013. Anyway I bought the car back again in June 2014, insured the car and everything!

Anyway I get home from work, only to find that my car has been removed by Newlyn! I explained the fact that the ticket they've removed the car for, was not mine so they asked that I prove I am the new owner with a number of documents faxed across. I did everything they asked for except the log book as this hasn't arrived yet.

Upon receiving the evidence, they came back to me saying I OWED them money then and if I didn't pay, the car would be sold. I calmly contacted the councils to confirm the two tickets I owed years ago, were closed. They confirmed! I went back to Newlyn telling them they were now holding my car for two expired tickets. They kept me on hold then came back saying they are not willing to release my car unless the previous owner pays her debt in full; and that the car would be sold at auction!

Surely this is illegal?!?!

I'm speaking to solicitors; any advice truly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Newlyn - behaving unlawfully!

A lot will depend on what action Newlyn took during the period that you originally owned the car.

From Newlyns point of view, you can see the problem here can't you?

The car appears to be changing hands between owners (who obviously know each other), every time it gets a bit too close for comfort regarding the recovery of PCN's.

if this goes to interpleader, what do you think a judge will interpret in regards as to what has been going on? I doubt the car has ever been advertised for sale anywhere has it?

It looks like a game of bluff is going on. It will depend on how strong your nerves are.

Comment

As your case is quite complicated, I think seeking advice from your solicitor is the best option. This way you are provided with legal advice specific to your situation.

Originally posted by Whathehell View Post
      Hi guys,

I really need some legal advice here.

I bought a car a few years ago and got a few tickets - said tickets have since expired.

Sold the car and during that time - the new wonder got a ticket in December 2013. Anyway I bought the car back again in June 2014, insured the car and everything!

Anyway I get home from work, only to find that my car has been removed by Newlyn! I explained the fact that the ticket they've removed the car for, was not mine so they asked that I prove I am the new owner with a number of documents faxed across. I did everything they asked for except the log book as this hasn't arrived yet.

Upon receiving the evidence, they came back to me saying I OWED them money then and if I didn't pay, the car would be sold. I calmly contacted the councils to confirm the two tickets I owed years ago, were closed. They confirmed! I went back to Newlyn telling them they were now holding my car for two expired tickets. They kept me on hold then came back saying they are not willing to release my car unless the previous owner pays her debt in full; and that the car would be sold at auction!

Surely this is illegal?!?!

I'm speaking to solicitors; any advice truly appreciated.

Comment

Newlyn will use any tactic (including lies and deceit) to get money out of you.
        And if Newlyn happen to be monitoring LB, please take me to court for that statement.
        Bring your cheque book with you...
        “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

I will be blunt and say that Newlyn are playing with fire in the OP's case. They have no lawful authority to seize or remove the car and, certainly, no lawful authority to retain or sell it. I am of the view they would be very foolish indeed to even think of trying to sell the OP's vehicle, let alone force the OP to interpleader.

Originally posted by The Starving Taxpayer View Post
          A lot will depend on what action Newlyn took during the period that you originally owned the car.

From Newlyns point of view, you can see the problem here can't you?

The car appears to be changing hands between owners (who obviously know each other), every time it gets a bit too close for comfort regarding the recovery of PCN's.

if this goes to interpleader, what do you think a judge will interpret in regards as to what has been going on? I doubt the car has ever been advertised for sale anywhere has it?

It looks like a game of bluff is going on. It will depend on how strong your nerves are.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Send a Formal Complaint to Council who issued the tickets, infer you may well seek an injunction against Newlyn to prevent the sale of an unlawfully seized car

Comment

newlyn are a joke they have sent me texts saying they are going to enter my property in my absence. and they sold my 4000 pound van for 900 pounds and charged me 500 pounds storage even though they sold it 2 days after they took it

Comment

Originally posted by harmolmil View Post
                newlyn are a joke they have sent me texts saying they are going to enter my property in my absence. and they sold my 4000 pound van for 900 pounds and charged me 500 pounds storage even though they sold it 2 days after they took it
                If you have any evidence of absence of lawful authority on the part of Newlyn, use that to stuff, truss and roast them. Make sure you save the text messages. If your van was seized during a roadside operation in the London area (Operation Cubo) involving Newlyn and the Metropolitan Police Service, keep your ears pinned back because developments are taking place with regard to the lawfulness of any seizures during these operations.

Comment

Originally posted by harmolmil View Post
                  NEWLYN are not a joke........
                  They are a bloody disgrace.......
                  You have my sympathy mate.......
                  “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

I have kept the text of Newlyn saying they would take my goods in my absence. Harrow council say its not their problem even though Newlyn lied to them about the sale date of my van. I sent Harrow a non occupancy order to prove that i had no way of knowing this photographic evidence existed as im not allowed within 100 metres of the property. I offered to pay the original fine of 60 pounds but they turned me down because Newlyn said the van was already sold. Then newlyn charged me another 2 months storage from that date. Harrow council replied to a letter from me although the day before they said they hadnt received my letter. Two seperate members of Harrow council told me on the phone that my appeal would have been a waste of time regardless of any evidence even from a judge. They basically say they are not responsible for Newlyns actions even though they employ them. Also this was my work van which was taken with all my camera equiptment and tools inside as i had no time or place to dismantle it. Please advise

Comment

Send in that Formal Complaint to CEO, Elected Leader and your MP. LB Harrow, and Newlyn are acting well out of order, so much so that I suspect a severe Common Purpose infestation.

Comment

Harrow Council employed Newlyn, so they are responsible for their actions.
                        This is just a section of a letter I sent to Hackney Council, with regards to the actions of Newlyn & Co.

I am somewhat concerned the Council is apparently ignoring what is, at best, highly questionable actions on the part of its contracted enforcement agents for which the Council has full and vicarious liability through the legal instrument of agency.

Newlyn tried to charge my daughter fees for a car they claimed to have clamped, but were unable to provide proof by way of a photograph.
                        Claimed their EA had 'technical difficulties' with his camera.
                        The truth was, my daughter was at least 15 miles away in her car, at the time they have stated.
                        They also accused her of criminal damage by removing the (invisible) clamp.
                        Newlyn are scum, one EA told police about the car having been clamped.
                        Also told police that Northampton Crown Court issued the warrant. ( what warrant?).
                        This was a lie.
                        He wouldn't show me his ID, because he was using a false name on a document he posted through my daughters door.
                        He also tried to collect excess charges of £456.00 over and above legal fees.
                        I have contacted the police about this and it is being investigated.
                        My MP is the next one to get a letter.

If you send letters, always make sure you send them, first class, signed for.
                        It costs under £2.00
                        Last edited by Johnboy007; 30th July 2014, 20:41:PM.

Comment

Milo has said something about the relationship between Harrow Council and Newlyn in the past. Personally, I would never be surprised to hear that Harrow Council and Newlyn were being investigated by the SFO.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X