• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property Purchasing Companies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Purchasing Companies

I am new to all this but I was wondering if anyone knew who, if anyone, govered property purchasing companies???

Re: Property Purchasing Companies

Hi Soooz

Do you mean the likes of the comaonies who buy them, then let you live in them paying rent?

These schemes that attract a lot of pensioners with the idea of releasing the equity?

Comment

Have a read here, it may help you out

Equity release made clear : FSA Money made clear - products explained

Its the FSA website

Firms that give financial advice have to be regulated by us, or be the agent of a regulated firm. Regulated firms and their agents are placed on our Register and have to meet certain standards. Always make sure that the firm you use is on our Register and is allowed to give financial advice before handing over your money. If they aren’t regulated by us and things go wrong, you won't have access to complaints and compensation procedures. To find out if a firm is on our Register, see Check our Register.

Comment

I'm not a pensioner!!!! Ha!

No, the type of companies who purchase your property at a reduced price so you don't have to go through the hassle of selling through an estate agent.

To give you a bit more information one these companies offered us a very reasonable price on a property which we let out (we decided to sell because of the hassle). They told us to give our tennants notice because the offer was guaranteed but have kept us hanging on because of some "issues" about the lease. They have since been resolved but because something trivial came up on the survey they had done 4 weeks ago(!!!!) they have cut the original offer by 7% 24hrs before we were due to complete. Luckily we are in a position where we can afford to pull out but I was wondering if anything could be done legally about it?

Comment

If the offer is guaranteed, then how have they been able to reduce it? Check the terms of their offer, but frankly I would think you are better off not dealing with them if this is an indication of their conduct.

If you can wait, then do so and find a company who will honour their offer.

Comment

The offer is guranteed if they don't find any serious structural issues. Surprise, surprise they've found one!!! It's a masionette style property and they think there's an issue with the roof which we aren't liable for because we are on the ground floor with another flat above us.

They have had the structural survey for 4 weeks and I honestly feel they have been holding out on completing until they knew our tennants were moving out, then they've given us a reduced offer because they think we are desparate to sell.

I would like to pursue it on principle I hate the though of being taken for a ride!

Comment

Hi soooz, just wondered do you pay a service charge and ground rent for the property?

Comment

No service charges and no rent either.

Comment

Well can i ask who owns the rest of the building?

Comment

slightly more complicate. we own the upstairs lease and they own ours. its so we have rights to access etc. the lease isn't the problem-its fairly standard. some solicitors are a bit unsure at forst but one they see it theyre fine.

Comment

Originally posted by soooz View Post
                      It's a masionette style property and they think there's an issue with the roof which we aren't liable for because we are on the ground floor with another flat above us.
                      What do they say is the issue with the roof?

Get your own Structural Engineer and see what his opinion is.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X